Photos for a Friend

kris10jokris10jo Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
edited January 5, 2010 in People
I took some photos of a friend's kids today. Would love some feedback. Thanks for looking!

755799515_SgecK-L.jpg

756938422_7jzxN-L.jpg

755799411_Su2Gc-L.jpg
Kristen

Comments

• CTUphotoCTUphoto Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2010
    For me, all are well exposed and tac sharp. My criticism would lie in the poses/crops. Too much in the way of odd angles and fingers/limbs cut off. Of the three, I like #3 the best. His face just draws me in....so serious. rolleyes1.gif

~jb
    Justin Benson
    CTU Photography
  • kris10jokris10jo Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2010
    Thank you for the feedback, jb. I really like the face on #2, but you're right; something about the composition doesn't quite work. Unfortunately, I left the image size setting to Small on my camera from taking a bunch of snapshots the week before, so the resolution on these photos isn't as large as I'd like them to be. I should try cropping in tighter on that one anyway.
    Kristen
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2010
    kris10jo wrote:
    Thank you for the feedback, jb. I really like the face on #2, but you're right; something about the composition doesn't quite work. Unfortunately, I left the image size setting to Small on my camera from taking a bunch of snapshots the week before, so the resolution on these photos isn't as large as I'd like them to be. I should try cropping in tighter on that one anyway.

What is this "small" setting of which you speak? JK, but I always leave my camera set to the highest image size and buy more memory cards! Good energy in these!

Caroline
    edited January 3, 2010
    Thanks, Caroline. :) I'm going to keep mine on the largest setting from now on, no matter what I'm shooting!

I don't know if this improves the photo, but I recropped. I think I like this better...

756515520_UBFqf-L.jpg
    Kristen
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2010
    I like the crop much more. The reflections in the metal are more apparent as well, which adds more interest to the image, too. Nice job.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
    edited January 5, 2010
    Thanks, Andrew. :)
    Kristen