Where'd it go?

HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
edited July 26, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
I submitted a pic for the curves challenge. It's gone. No trace of my post. :dunno
Tim

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2005
    I'm only guessing, but it most likely didn't conform to the rules. Not shot during the challenge, or you left off the date shot and the EXIF.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2005
    I submitted a pic for the curves challenge. It's gone. No trace of my post. ne_nau.gif

tim, you didn't put the date taken with your photo, so i deleted it. everything you need to know is in the rules, prominently displayed in a sticky thread in this forum

cheers
  • HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2005
    andy wrote:
    tim, you didn't put the date taken with your photo, so i deleted it. everything you need to know is in the rules, prominently displayed in a sticky thread in this forum

cheers

Okay. I didn't read the fine print.

Rather than assuming slavish attention to fine print (in an internet forum . . . eek7.gif ), perhaps it would be better to offer a friendly heads up via PM informing the offender that there is a rules transgression in desperate need of immediate correction. Such a note would require minimal effort and be quite a bit less heavy handed. After all, we are here to have learn, have fun, and enjoy (challenge) photography, no?

Cheers.
    Tim
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2005
    Okay. I didn't read the fine print.

Rather than assuming slavish attention to fine print (in an internet forum . . . eek7.gif ), perhaps it would be better to offer a friendly heads up via PM informing the offender that there is a rules transgression in desperate need of immediate correction. Such a note would require minimal effort and be quite a bit less heavy handed. After all, we are here to have learn, have fun, and enjoy (challenge) photography, no?

Cheers.

hiya harvey - it's too much work to pm folks - there are too many entries and i cannot be thinking about what's eligible or not... i work 70 hrs a week, travel most every week, and try to admin dgrin and also run the challenges - it's a lot of effort and even 3 or 4 pms extra a week is more than i want to deal with - sorry but it has to be this way otherwise i'd bust!
  • HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2005
    andy wrote:
    hiya harvey - it's too much work to pm folks - there are too many entries and i cannot be thinking about what's eligible or not... i work 70 hrs a week, travel most every week, and try to admin dgrin and also run the challenges - it's a lot of effort and even 3 or 4 pms extra a week is more than i want to deal with - sorry but it has to be this way otherwise i'd bust!

Gosh, all this time I thought I was the only one with a busy schedule. mwink.gif

Your show, your rules, no problem. Enjoy (fully compliant) photography.
    Tim
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2005
    Gosh, all this time I thought I was the only one with a busy schedule. mwink.gif

Your show, your rules, no problem. Enjoy (fully compliant) photography.
    Hi Harvey,

I'm so sorry you got eliminated. Perhaps the rest of us members can be alert for this kind of thing. I could have sent you a PM if I had noticed. I will pay closer attention next time. Of course you won't forget again, I'm sure. Please don't let this spoil your enjoyment of the site. We're a friendly bunch here and we try to help each other. Let me say, "welcome" and "we're here to help". Please join in on the next challenge. Glad to have you aboard.
    Snappy
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2005
    Hiya!

I have seen Andy delete some others as well and thought "Hey, Thats just not right!" Than after being here for a while i fully understood! :) He really does alot to inform about putting all the data into your picture and even i forgot it before when i read it! So hopefully we can see your next picture in the next contest! thumb.gif