Meinem Vater

monsterrormonsterror Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited July 31, 2005 in People
For those of you who don't know German, it's my father.

28363846_62e8b68173.jpg

Just some critique would be helpful. Thanks.

Comments

• Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited July 25, 2005
    Harsh lighting, causing his eyes to be shadowed while his scalp and arm are very bright. But that's not what bothers me most about this shot. I could live with the high contrast. I think what bothers me about it is the perspective. IOW, there's his head and 1/2 his upper torso (and part of an arm) in the pic and way too much background. To my eyes your Dad stands out as the primary subject in the shot (possibly looking wistfully at the hills). I'd like to see more of him within the frame. Maybe you could have gotten a similar shot (him gazing away) by going down to a knee and shooting from a lower perspective ne_nau.gif You would have gotten more of him in the frame and still captured much of the scenery he was gazing at.

This is not a bad pic at all. But you did ask for a critique. :D I know I am always looking for ideas to make pics of my loved ones even better. Hope you are too :):

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2005
    I agree with Steve that it might have been better shoting from an angle below him. However, only if that eliminated a lot of the sky in the picture. Really, a quick fix would be to crop it. I like the harshness of the picture. I don't know if that was the feel you were going for. But because of the contrast I see you Dad as one strong, proud person. And I like that you choose black and white. There is too much background... mostly sky for me. But besides that I really like it.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com