Best of 2009

AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
edited January 5, 2010 in People
Thought I'd share my BEST OF 2009 with you lovely people too. I just posted some of my favorite photos on my BLOG, check them out & leave a comment if you feel like it :D.

I know, I know ... some of the slide shows are too long, but I just couldn't narrow them down more than I already did :rolleyes (and yes, some of the kiddos pics are blown ...)

:lust

Comments

• Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2010
    I've extended this offer to P. Furey and now to you as well. If you EVER end up in SC, say for a destination wedding (Historic downtown Charleston is the 3rd most popular national destination location for weddings), please accept my humble, FREE invitation to second shoot for you! Your work is admirable, powerful, and gentle....all wrapped into one. I'd shoot with you...just to say "I shot with you"! Your "Best of 2009" reads like any instruction manual on how to be an amazing photographer. Composition, for me, is king...or in this case, Queen :D and you definately are the purveyor of your throne! thumb.gifclap.gif
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2010
    You are a goddess!

Caroline
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2010
    can I be you when I grow up? iloveyou.gif

beautiful stuff!!
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2010
    Ha, you guys are crazzzy!!! Haha. Thanks though, I really appreciate your comments!! iloveyou.giflustiloveyou.gif

... and Darren .... awww, you're the best. Thanks so much. Haha, I wish I could do more destination weddings and get down to SC, but I don't get much out of MA / NH / RI / ME. However do let me know if YOU will be every in my area!!!! I'd totally be up for a shoot once, how much fun would that be!! clap.gif
  • CyberSteakCyberSteak Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2010
    Two words come to mind when I look at your work from the past year...I suck. Really nice work and definately something for me to aspire to. thumb.gif
    http://www.betterphoto.com/Premium/Default.aspx?id=329340&mp=V1

Canon 40D, 28-135mm, 50mm f/1.8, 10-22mm, 70-300, 580 EXII, ST-E2, 500D Diopter
    edited January 3, 2010
    CyberSteak wrote:
    Two words come to mind when I look at your work from the past year...I suck. Really nice work and definately something for me to aspire to. thumb.gif

Oh no! don't say that :cry iloveyou.gif

Thanks CyberSteak.
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2010
    I'm in awe. So much to learn....
    clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2010
    Absolutely wonderful work Angie! I always enjoy looking at your creations.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Thought I'd share my BEST OF 2009 with you lovely people too. I just posted some of my favorite photos on my BLOG, check them out & leave a comment if you feel like it :D.

I know, I know ... some of the slide shows are too long, but I just couldn't narrow them down more than I already did rolleyes1.gif (and yes, some of the kiddos pics are blown ...)

iloveyou.gif
    bowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifiloveyou.gifiloveyou.gifiloveyou.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2010
    Love your work Angie--
    I don't see too many boudoir sets at all, and I must say yours are absolutely amazing--very very sexy and tasteful, nice balancing act.

bowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited January 4, 2010
    Thanks so much everybody!! iloveyou.gif

It's funny you say this Liz, I thought the same ... I don't think many people make (boudoir) slide shows at the end of the year, I was thinking twice if I should do it or not, but considering how few photos I have on my boudoir website, I thought it would be a nice way for the client to get a feeling of the photographers style, without scrolling through 1000 photos that are on the blog, haha rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for the sweet comments!! iloveyou.gif
    edited January 4, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Thanks so much everybody!! iloveyou.gif

It's funny you say this Liz, I thought the same ... I don't think many people make (boudoir) slide shows at the end of the year, I was thinking twice if I should do it or not, but considering how few photos I have on my boudoir website, I thought it would be a nice way for the client to get a feeling of the photographers style, without scrolling through 1000 photos that are on the blog, haha rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for the sweet comments!! iloveyou.gif

Quick question for you.
    Did you purposelly crops many off the faces so they are not easily identified for the budoir shots, or is that how you shot some?

Also do you ask your clients ahead of time if they are ok with you posting them on a slideshow for public consumption, just wondering.

My sis-in-law has asked me to do one for V-day and well why not, I'm game if she is--so I just wonder how you approached your clients about it--
    Lol i don't think I'll be doing that with these since I'm so new, but I figure I'd find out for future purposes.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited January 4, 2010
    Quick question for you.
    Did you purposelly crops many off the faces so they are not easily identified for the budoir shots, or is that how you shot some?

Yup, those are just crops for the slideshow / blog. Most of them don't want to have their faces show in the internet. I usually ask them during the session if they would mind ... it really depends on the girl, but most of them don't want to be recognized, but are fine with some "tighter" crops or photos were they are posing on the bed / floor and nobody would really recognize them from that angle thumb.gif

Oh, you'll have so much fun on your shoot .... iloveyou.gif
    edited January 4, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Yup, those are just crops for the slideshow / blog. Most of them don't want to have their faces show in the internet. I usually ask them during the session if they would mind ... it really depends on the girl, but most of them don't want to be recognized, but are fine with some "tighter" crops or photos were they are posing on the bed / floor and nobody would really recognize them from that angle thumb.gif

Oh, you'll have so much fun on your shoot .... iloveyou.gif

Thank you so much Angie,
    Forgive the mini hijack.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited January 4, 2010
    Thank you so much Angie,
    Forgive the mini hijack.

Sure thing! Any time! thumb.gifiloveyou.gif
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2010
    Your such a classy shooter Angie......really beautiful work.

Here's to 2010!!!thumb.gif
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2010
    CyberSteak wrote:

DITTO FOR MEeek7.gif

OH, if you are ever in Phoenix, I would love to just WATCH you!!, Carry your bags etc, I'd 2nd shoot for free too!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • MoxMox Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2010
    Your work really is stunning, Angie. And always so beautifully lit - you'd think you had an entire crew at each shoot! Thank you for taking the time to put these together! clap.gifclapclap.gif
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2010
    Fabulous!!! You are amazingly talented. I can not wait to see all the shots of the little one this year! :smo
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2010
    I can only agree with everything said so far (iow bowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifiloveyou.gifiloveyou.gifiloveyou.gif) but will add that I always boggle at both your gorgeous, magnificently-retouched-yet-natural-looking skin tones, and the way you push exposure to such brightness, but without EVER looking washed out or lacking in detail. It's just.... perfect.

Goddess indeed. Thank you, thank you for hangin' around these parts and letting us lesser mortals learn from you!!