Options

First wedding pictures

gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
edited July 26, 2005 in Weddings
A close friend has asked me to shoot thier wedding which is now just a few weeks away. In preparation, I went along to a wedding with a pro wedding photographer as sherpa and general dogs body to try and pick up a few tips & gain a little experience. I also shot a few candids... here's a small selection

29724252-L.jpg

29724150-L.jpg

29724154-L.jpg

29724143-L.jpg

any comments, tips, advice would be welcomed, I have to admit to being pretty nervous about doing one alone

Comments

• Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2005
    Looks like you got a good handle on it already
    Try to have someone come along with you as a back-up photographer. It's really difficult to be everywhere at once.. the backup can do the table shots, etc., and a lot of the filler shots.

Be sure to ask which shots/poses/people are most important to them, and must haves -- do they like traditional or journalistic style of photography? Do they want black and white or color?

Ask who you can count on as a contact when they are busy, friend, cousin, relative who can work with your backup for getting the picture of Aunt Emily or cousin Jim, who they haven't seen in years -- stuff like that.

I brought my daughter with me when I had to suddenly pinch hit as a back up photographer, and just knowing she was there in case I missed the shot was great. She was a reluctant back up to the back up, but she got some nice photos I missed...

Oh yes, and have a spare camera, spare charged batteries, etc...

And relax and have fun!
  • Options
    leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2005
    I like the photos...not too fond of the green & white treatment.

Lee
  • Options
    edited July 26, 2005
    Dee wrote:
    Try to have someone come along with you as a back-up photographer. It's really difficult to be everywhere at once.. the backup can do the table shots, etc., and a lot of the filler shots.

Be sure to ask which shots/poses/people are most important to them, and must haves -- do they like traditional or journalistic style of photography? Do they want black and white or color?

Ask who you can count on as a contact when they are busy, friend, cousin, relative who can work with your backup for getting the picture of Aunt Emily or cousin Jim, who they haven't seen in years -- stuff like that.

I brought my daughter with me when I had to suddenly pinch hit as a back up photographer, and just knowing she was there in case I missed the shot was great. She was a reluctant back up to the back up, but she got some nice photos I missed...

Oh yes, and have a spare camera, spare charged batteries, etc...

And relax and have fun!
    Thanks Dee, great info thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
  • Options
    edited July 26, 2005
    leebase wrote:
    I like the photos...not too fond of the green & white treatment.

Lee
    Cheers Lee, I can't see green though, can anyone else???
  • Options
    OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2005
    gubbs wrote:
    I don't see green. I like the treatment. :)
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2005
    gubbs wrote:

I wouldn't call it green, but I see it. I think a touch more red in the toning might help make it more pleasing. But that's pretty personal, and just my old Powerbook screen.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops