coupon question

chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
edited January 4, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I gave my wife a coupon code for "at cost" so she can order prints. Am I going to get charged for 15% of the usual markup if she does this?

Comments

• phototristanphototristan Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2010
    chrismoore wrote:
    I gave my wife a coupon code for "at cost" so she can order prints. Am I going to get charged for 15% of the usual markup if she does this?

Yes, if you have Pro pricing for the gallery the 15% fee still applies.
    Tristan
    Suport Hero
    Smugmug
    http://help.smugmug.com/
  • chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2010
    Yes, if you have Pro pricing for the gallery the 15% fee still applies.

Ok, I'll have her cancel her order, I'll go in and find out what she ordered, and then place the order myself. Seems a bit redundant, but I guess I'll just tell her to let me order from now on.
    I can see the 15% applying if someone used a voucher (which may be bought therefore giving the photog a profit), but 15% for an "at cost" order? There's no profit. I can't imagine any circumstance other than giving the code to a family member to place an order, which as in the case I might as well do myself, otherwise photographers will be paying out of pocket to sell prints. That doesn't make sense.
  • phototristanphototristan Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2010
    chrismoore wrote:
    Ok, I'll have her cancel her order, I'll go in and find out what she ordered, and then place the order myself. Seems a bit redundant, but I guess I'll just tell her to let me order from now on.
    I can see the 15% applying if someone used a voucher (which may be bought therefore giving the photog a profit), but 15% for an "at cost" order? There's no profit. I can't imagine any circumstance other than giving the code to a family member to place an order, which as in the case I might as well do myself, otherwise photographers will be paying out of pocket to sell prints. That doesn't make sense.

Sorry, I was wrong. I've just double checked with a programmer and Pros are actually not dinged for the at-cost coupon.
    Tristan
    Suport Hero
    Smugmug
    http://help.smugmug.com/