Print Credits (read gift card) and shipping

takeflightphototakeflightphoto Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
edited January 5, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I can understand dollar off and percentage off coupons not covering shipping charges, but I don't see the logic behind a print credit not being good for shipping. We are responsible for the costs of anything charged against a print credit, correct?

This, in addition to not being able to restrict a coupon or credit to a specific gallery or category/subcategory, certainly limits the usefulness of these items, at least in my marketing plan. For instance, I sell a wedding package for $1000. The couple gets a print credit of $1000. My markup on the prints is calculated to cover my 'creative costs' (session and retouch fees). Yet if they pick out $1000 in prints, they are still stuck with having to pay $14.37 in shipping. It's supposed to be a single price deal, yet I'm stymied by that glitch.

There's really no easy way to explain to a customer just why the print credit (a gift card for which they essentially paid) is not good for all charges they might incur in a purchase.

Andy, Baldy? What's the logic here? :scratch

Comments

• AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2010
    I can understand dollar off and percentage off coupons not covering shipping charges, but I don't see the logic behind a print credit not being good for shipping. We are responsible for the costs of anything charged against a print credit, correct?

This, in addition to not being able to restrict a coupon or credit to a specific gallery or category/subcategory, certainly limits the usefulness of these items, at least in my marketing plan. For instance, I sell a wedding package for $1000. The couple gets a print credit of $1000. My markup on the prints is calculated to cover my 'creative costs' (session and retouch fees). Yet if they pick out $1000 in prints, they are still stuck with having to pay $14.37 in shipping. It's supposed to be a single price deal, yet I'm stymied by that glitch.

There's really no easy way to explain to a customer just why the print credit (a gift card for which they essentially paid) is not good for all charges they might incur in a purchase.

Andy, Baldy? What's the logic here? headscratch.gif

We definitely plan on allowing print credits (and optionally $ off and % off coupons) apply to shipping charges. This didn't make it in version 1, simply because we decided to limit the scope to allow us to release it sooner, but stay tuned for future revisions!

We really appreciate the feedback. thumb.gif

-Anne
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • takeflightphototakeflightphoto Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2010
    AnneMcBean wrote:
    We definitely plan on allowing print credits (and optionally $ off and % off coupons) apply to shipping charges. This didn't make it in version 1, simply because we decided to limit the scope to allow us to release it sooner, but stay tuned for future revisions!

We really appreciate the feedback. thumb.gif

-Anne
    SmugMug Support Hero

Thanks, Anne.
    I appreciate the reply (and the future intent).
    Here's hoping version 1.1 or 2.0 comes quickly.
    Happy New Year!!