The Farrier at Work

lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
edited July 26, 2005 in People
visited my favorite horse farm again today... I love it there, so many lovely scenes...

29730122-L.jpg

29731748-L.jpg

29733303-L.jpg

Comments

• Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2005
    very cool lynn - nice lighting. I wish you had a little more motion blur in #2 like you did in #3.
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2005
    Phil U. wrote:
    very cool lynn - nice lighting. I wish you had a little more motion blur in #2 like you did in #3.
    thanks Phil.. I may have ... I took about 50 of him...rolleyes1.gif still processing..
  • luckydogluckydog Registered Users Posts: 396 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2005
    Lynn, that is one beautiful looking horse!

Nice photos and I like the way you captured the horse and its interest in what the farrier is up to :)
    http://darrylluckphotography.smugmug.com

40D
    18-55mm, 28-105mm USM II, 50mm f/1.8, 400mm f/5.6
    edited July 25, 2005
    luckydog wrote:
    Lynn, that is one beautiful looking horse!

Nice photos and I like the way you captured the horse and its interest in what the farrier is up to :)
    thanks here is one more..

29749826-L.jpg
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2005
    29733303-L.jpg

Love the perspective on this one!! Great job.

ann
  • John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2005
    Ann McRae wrote:
    29733303-L.jpg

Love the perspective on this one!! Great job.

ann
    15524779-Ti.gif
    Very nice set Lynn
  • Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2005
    Hey Lynn!
    Cool pics, and I agree with Ann and John, #3 is really special! I love the beautiful light on the horse and the perspective!

Thanks so much for sharing!
    Take care!

-- thiago
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited July 26, 2005
    I have to go with the majority on this too Lynn. #3 rocks thumb.gifthumb.gif I love how the light colors that beautiful golden horse, how his/her head and eye is tilted towards you, the motion blur and the ruddiness of the farrier's face. Very, very nice clap.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2005
    Hi Lynn,
    I like these shots, especially #1. Makes you wonder what the horse is actually thinking. I also like the warm lighting in the first three as apposed to the last one you posted. #3 gives me the impression that whatever the Farrier is doing, it feels good and the horse is a bit sleepy.

Thanks for sharing,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2005
    Great images Lynn. I have some shots of our horses getting their teeth floated the other day. They are kind of clinical looking, especially compared to yours. Great lighting and composition on these.
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2005
    I like the photos, Lynn. I like how tight you came in. Maybe the stall was tight, whatever it was, it worked.

I like #1, because it looks like the farrier could get bitten and I guess that is where I am today............or something. It made me laugh.

ginger

I like the last, extra, shot you posted, too. Just because it is good, as are the rest.
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2005
    Nice shots! I would be curious how they look in sepia or b&w for an older look, but the watch might not work with that.

James.
    edited July 26, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I like the photos, Lynn. I like how tight you came in. Maybe the stall was tight, whatever it was, it worked.

I like #1, because it looks like the farrier could get bitten and I guess that is where I am today............or something. It made me laugh.

ginger

I like the last, extra, shot you posted, too. Just because it is good, as are the rest.
    Ginger thats so funny... she did try to bite the Farrier! couple of times...rolleyes1.gif
    edited July 26, 2005
    JamesJWeg wrote:
    Nice shots! I would be curious how they look in sepia or b&w for an older look, but the watch might not work with that.

James.
    T hanks James.. I did think of that and I can lose the watch no problemmo..mwink.gif