Options

Extra Camera Info

DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
edited June 7, 2004 in SmugMug Support
How come the extra camera info only appears on some of my images within the same gallery? Look at this one as an example:

http://doctorit.smugmug.com/gallery/116497

There is a photo for each day, all taken with the same camera, most (if not all) taken as RAW, similar amounts of post processing, all in PS... but, only the ones after 5-05-2004 (so all except the first 5 in that gallery) have the camera info. Weird?
Erik
moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2004
    did you change your raw processing workflow? some converted do not keep the exif from raw-jpg.
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2004
    andy wrote:
    did you change your raw processing workflow? some converted do not keep the exif from raw-jpg.
    that's just the thing... no, I didn't. A while ago (months now) I got all bent out of shape because my raw files wouldn't show exif in smugmug. Found out it was because they essentially became embedded a different way (so still there, but not as tagged exif) in the PS conversion. So I stopped worrying about it. But, I haven't changed my workfow, and since 5-06-04, all of a sudden my daily photos have exif in smugmug. Check my june album too, all there.
    Erik

• Options
    edited June 4, 2004
    HA!!!

Thanks Andy... wasn't so much a change in my workflow as a change in my tools. I figured it out because after 5-05-2004 there were 2 more random photos (13 and 14) that didn't have exif. Well... a little further investigation showed that those 2 were converted from RAW here at my work machine rather than at home as usual. Hmmm, lo and behold, the only difference is that I had updated the RAW plug-in (v2.2) at home and not at work - EUREKA, I've solved it!!!!!

So I just double checked and tested it out. Processed a photo real quick, updated, rebooted, then reprocessed the same photo. Fixed:

http://doctorit.smugmug.com/gallery/112429/1/4826535

Conclusion: the new v2.2 of PS RAW plug-in also fixes exif handling!!! Hooray for Adobe!
    Erik

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator
    edited June 4, 2004
    DoctorIt wrote:
    HA!!!

Thanks Andy... wasn't so much a change in my workflow as a change in my tools. I figured it out because after 5-05-2004 there were 2 more random photos (13 and 14) that didn't have exif. Well... a little further investigation showed that those 2 were converted from RAW here at my work machine rather than at home as usual. Hmmm, lo and behold, the only difference is that I had updated the RAW plug-in (v2.2) at home and not at work - EUREKA, I've solved it!!!!!

So I just double checked and tested it out. Processed a photo real quick, updated, rebooted, then reprocessed the same photo. Fixed:

http://doctorit.smugmug.com/gallery/112429/1/4826535

Conclusion: the new v2.2 of PS RAW plug-in also fixes exif handling!!! Hooray for Adobe!
    I guess I'll have to update to version 2.2 now - I didi not see any real need for me to upgrade since the 10D was already covered by Adobe PS CS. But if the exif data will be carried along better I will add the upgrade 2.2 to the RAW convertor for that reason alone. Thanks, DrIT!
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited June 7, 2004
    pathfinder wrote:
    I guess I'll have to update to version 2.2 now - I didi not see any real need for me to upgrade since the 10D was already covered by Adobe PS CS. But if the exif data will be carried along better I will add the upgrade 2.2 to the RAW convertor for that reason alone. Thanks, DrIT!
    I didn't need the upgrade either... I couldn't find anything better about, but ended up downloading it so I could look at a friend's D70 file. Glad I did it, nice to have exif on smugmug.
    Erik