Options

Topaz Photoshop Bundle

dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
edited January 9, 2010 in Finishing School
Does anyone user the Topaz Photoshop Bundle? Is it worth buying or would you purchase one or more individual Topaz products?

Comments

• Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2010
    I don't have the bundle, but have been extremely happy with Detail, Denoise, and Adjust, and would have happily paid the bundle price for those three plugins alone.

Having said that, 30 day free trials are pretty sweet. Also, topazlabs usually has a few coupon deals going at any one time, worth checking out!
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2010
    Thanks Mark. Those three are running around $170 individually right now and the bundle is $180. Seems like a good deal?
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2010
    dlscott56 wrote:
    Thanks Mark. Those three are running around $170 individually right now and the bundle is $180. Seems like a good deal?

I guess it all depends on how you value the other plugins. I'm not trying to be evasive here, but everyone has different priorities. I know that some people can't live without ReMask, but I haven't had much luck with it. Similarly, if I already had a good noise tool, DeNoise wouldn't be very interesting to me.

If you aren't in a hurry, you might want to sign up for their newsletter and follow their twitter feed. They occassionally have special deals that are pretty good bargains. Too bad you missed the Scott Kelby deal from a few weeks ago. :cry
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2010
    Well, you're right about the nice trial period setup. I downloaded the bundle at no charge and got a key for 30 day full function trial version. I'll give it a try and use as many of the packages as I can to see how it works out.thumb.gif
  • Options
    TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2010
    MarkR wrote:
    I guess it all depends on how you value the other plugins. I'm not trying to be evasive here, but everyone has different priorities. I know that some people can't live without ReMask, but I haven't had much luck with it. Similarly, if I already had a good noise tool, DeNoise wouldn't be very interesting to me.

I tried ReMask and was never able to make it work. I'd like to blame it on poor instructions from Topaz, but I may not have made the best effort.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    r9jacksonr9jackson Registered Users Posts: 129 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2010
    dlscott56 wrote:
    Does anyone user the Topaz Photoshop Bundle? Is it worth buying or would you purchase one or more individual Topaz products?
    I have the bundle and they just let me upgrade to the newest version for free (bought it fairly recently).
    I use Denoise, Adjust and Detail regularly and am still learning ReMask. It was a good buy for me.
  • Options
    SventekozSventekoz Registered Users Posts: 500 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2010
    TonyCooper wrote:
    I tried ReMask and was never able to make it work. I'd like to blame it on poor instructions from Topaz, but I may not have made the best effort.

Have you tried Version 2? It was released only shortly after V1. I think it's great, and the new interface works a treat.
    John
  • Options
    TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2010
    Sventekoz wrote:
    Have you tried Version 2? It was released only shortly after V1. I think it's great, and the new interface works a treat.

No, my trial was up before it was introduced. I dunno if I can do the trial thing again.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    SventekozSventekoz Registered Users Posts: 500 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2010
    TonyCooper wrote:
    No, my trial was up before it was introduced. I dunno if I can do the trial thing again.

I'm pretty sure you can simply uninstall V1 and load the trial of V2. It's definitely worth it.
    John
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2010
    r9jackson wrote:
    I have the bundle and they just let me upgrade to the newest version for free (bought it fairly recently).
    I use Denoise, Adjust and Detail regularly and am still learning ReMask. It was a good buy for me.

Thanks Randy. I've been using the trial for some photos I took at our local community theatre. High ISO noisy images. Denoise and Detail have been really nice to use. I've used adjust a bit as well and have really been able to improve the image quality.
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2010
    You might want to check out atncentral.com for some cool presets. thumb.gif