d60 Slow Problems Help!

LouisianaShooterLouisianaShooter Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited January 6, 2010 in Cameras
I have a Nikon D60 and I am having problems with it being really slow writing the pictures on the card. It is taking about 4 seconds to write one pictures. I have tried a Sandisk Card 8Gb 15/mbs that I borrowed and it was still taking 4 seconds a picture.

I would like to fix this problem so that I can of course take more pictures. Please help.

Comments

• bloomphotogbloomphotog Registered Users Posts: 582 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2010
    I have a Nikon D60 and I am having problems with it being really slow writing the pictures on the card. It is taking about 4 seconds to write one pictures. I have tried a Sandisk Card 8Gb 15/mbs that I borrowed and it was still taking 4 seconds a picture.

I would like to fix this problem so that I can of course take more pictures. Please help.

Are you shooting RAW or JPG?
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2010

can you clarify? Are you saying you take 1 picture and it takes 4 sec before you can take another picture? Or are you saying after you take burst of pictures and fill up your buffer ..then it takes 4 sec for one picture to transfer from your buffer to the card?

If it is the 1st..that is not a card problem. Something is wrong with yout buffer.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • LouisianaShooterLouisianaShooter Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited January 6, 2010
    Problem Solved
    My problem was solved by actually reading about my camera. I found out that the D-lighting that Nikon has on the d60 causes to to write pictures to the camera really slow. I turned that off and it was back to quick writing speeds.

Good thing that came from this is that my wife saw how mad I was and let me purchase a better memory card!