Making Photo Books with Linked Services

panzer948panzer948 Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited January 5, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi,

I had a request from one of my clients if I could create a photo book for her instead of her ordering prints. So I looked into it and see that My Canvas (and Blurb) will link to your website and download all pictures from your gallery to load as you want into a photo book template. I checked the prices to do this but am confused. For MyCanvas, depending on the book size, additional pages are .49 or .79, on top of the 20 that is included in the base price. But do these prices include the price for the print? In other words, if I was to make a print off smugmug there would be a printing charge. Just want to ensure there are no additional charges coming from smugmug if I do this thru MyCanvas. :dunno

Also, what would the quality be? Will these companies download the highest quality on file to make the prints or only the highest quality image I have selected to be visible on my galleries (i.e., medium, large, extra large, etc.). I know smugmug uses the original files for prints, even though these may not be visible online. :scratch

Thanks for any help,
Bryan

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2010
    Hi Bryan!

When you order books through our print partners, it is done all through them. When you design your book and order it, it's all done through that company's shopping cart and checkout system. Meaning that the additional pages that you get are the full cost that you'll pay, no additional fees through us. :)

The reason why they are our partners and are available through your SmugMug galleries is because we allow both of those companies to access your SmugMug account and the full-resolution files that you've uploaded. It should just be quick and easy so all you have to worry about is designing the layout.

Since they're accessing your full-res files, the books will print with the highest quality that their printers are capable of printing. Just make sure the galleries from which you're pulling have no viewing passwords, right-click protection turned off, and external linking set to "Yes." You can keep the galleries unlisted if you don't want other people to find them, but remember that MyCanvas and Blurb do need to have permission to grab your images, at least for the duration of the ordering process.

I hope this helps and that you love the books that you design. Let us know if you still have any questions or problems with this!

Steph

SmugMug Support Hero
    http://www.smugmug.com/help
  • panzer948panzer948 Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited January 5, 2010
    That answer was perfect!

And I'm glad you mentioned to turn right clicking save as back on, as I wouldn't have tought of that.

Thanks!