Need to cancel order.

LesLes Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
edited January 5, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
A client placed order #1365800 but when I went to review the order, it indicated the photos had been deleted although they were in the gallery. The photos are currently in the gallery and no additional cropping is necessary.

Please let me know whether this order needs to be cancelled and another placed or whether you can intervene and effect the order.

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2010
    Hi Les!

After a big of digging, I see that the original images in this order were in fact deleted from the system. It looks as though you have also uploaded new versions of these images into the same gallery, but our order system can't automatically know that these were replacements. If we release your order now to the lab, we won't be printing from the new files.

I'll go ahead and recover the deleted photos in the order, so could you go back to your Sales History page to look at this order and use the "Replace Photo" button on each line item? This will ensure that the new, retouched version of the image will be the one that gets used for printing. Once that's done you can just click to release the order to the lab.

Let us know if you have any other questions or encounter further problems doing this. In the future, it's always better to use that Replace feature rather than just delete the original photo, because in cases like this when the order has already been placed, we can't always know which photo you want to print.

Best regards,
    Steph

SmugMug Support Hero
    http://www.smugmug.com/help
  • LesLes Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
    edited January 5, 2010
    schmoo wrote:
    Hi Les!

In the future, it's always better to use that Replace feature rather than just delete the original photo, because in cases like this when the order has already been placed, we can't always know which photo you want to print.

SmugMug Support Hero
    http://www.smugmug.com/help

Thanks a bunch.