Options

BBIF (finally!)

marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
edited July 26, 2005 in Wildlife
I swear it's by utter luck that I managed to catch a bee in flight a few days ago. I was trying out my Olympus 14-54 lens, when I caught a bee in a flower. I pressed the shutter and the burst mode gave me two images, that were very close, but gave very different impressions.

13:23:17
29734099-M.jpg

13:23:19
29734107-M.jpg

The shot is a bit cropped (the lens can sure focus close enough, but in my experience bees don't like getting a lens in their face), and I cloned out some leave traces in the bottom and top of the images.
enjoy being here while getting there

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2005
    Ohhhhhh Lucky You
    marlof wrote:
    I swear it's by utter luck that I managed to catch a bee in flight a few days ago. I was trying out my Olympus 14-54 lens, when I caught a bee in a flower. I pressed the shutter and the burst mode gave me two images, that were very close, but gave very different impressions.
    13:23:17
    13:23:19
    The shot is a bit cropped (the lens can sure focus close enough, but in my experience bees don't like getting a lens in their face), and I cloned out some leave traces in the bottom and top of the images.
    You did good :D and he's a nice fluffy bee too, thats something I haven't been able to do yet.........catch a bee in flight.
    Thanks for sharing......and congratulations..........Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2005
    very nice thumb.gif
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2005
    Aren't those catches sweet?

Good one. Nice depth of field, if you had been closer you might have missed it.

ginger, admiring your bee, and your flower.
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.