Lynnau Mymbyr

GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
edited January 7, 2010 in Landscapes
in snowdonia national park, north wales.
the twin lakes with snowdon in the background
hope you like them
phil

4231143179_8b03a59955_o.jpg

4228707925_61352c1320_o.jpg

#3 my favorite :D
4248995586_a8c66bb641_o.jpg

4250072289_3ccc2fcaef_o.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2010
    WOW Phil thanks so much for sharing these! The mountains look out of a fairy tale and the reflections make it doubly-nice. :D

I always wondered if there really was snow in Snowdonia, having read that it doesn't tend to snow that much in Wales. Nice to see that it's true to its namesake. thumb.gif
  • GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited January 6, 2010
    schmoo wrote:

I always wondered if there really was snow in Snowdonia, having read that it doesn't tend to snow that much in Wales. Nice to see that it's true to its namesake. thumb.gif

thanks for commenting, yes the snow used to stay all year round on top of snowdon, global warming has stopped that now!
    here is another shot.

2347671739_71f5cb9ef3_o.jpg
    edited January 6, 2010
    wings.gif Thanks for posting this additional one, Phil. Sorry to hear the weather has been changing, but it looks like you got a good bit this year, at least. :D
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2010
    Really enjoyed these!

Looks like the Welsh light and skies are prolifically varied.

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2010
    Great set Phil. Love the subtle tones and exposures on these. I think #2 is my favorite.

Dan
  • MachineAgeMachineAge Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited January 6, 2010
    First post here at Dgrin! Have been a member for years over at the photography-on-the-net Canon board but am interested in a community that will feed the lust for better photos instead of better (or at least newer) gear.

I like #3 but may like #4 even better as it seems to have a better fore/back balance. The grassy texture in 3 is a nice contrast to the cold and rock but i wonder if your eye stays a bit in the grass while in 4 it all kind of feeds in together.
    edited January 7, 2010
    MachineAge wrote:
    First post here at Dgrin! Have been a member for years over at the photography-on-the-net Canon board but am interested in a community that will feed the lust for better photos instead of better (or at least newer) gear.

Hi and welcome! I hope that Dgrin does a bit of both. lol3.gif There have certainly been threads here that made me go on dangerous spending sprees. :D

(Sorry for the hijack)