First Photo Shoot, C&C Please!

Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
edited January 6, 2010 in People
My fiancee gladly agreed to model for me, and while I took hundreds, kept 100 or so, and actually posted about 50, these are my ten favorite shots. C&C very welcome, enjoy!

1. 758325586_t4sAS-XL.jpg

2. 758325089_ehasN-XL.jpg

3. 758914738_h8KMc-XL.jpg

4. 758913749_6bmkD-XL.jpg

5. 758915490_Fmmzm-XL.jpg

6. 758914407_GpLQu-XL.jpg

7. 758917510_qSQ76-XL.jpg

8. 758919078_MfQGt-XL.jpg

9. 758917549_Zvg77-XL.jpg

10. 758915284_QoNsG-XL.jpg

Comments

• Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2010
    Well, if one things for sure, your fiance is gorgeous....oh wait...we're talking about photos here......

Sorry, back on topic.....

#3 is my favorite with #7 being right there too. I really like #8 also but that one little blown out spot is distracting me from viewing your subject 100%.

I like the idea of #10 but the angle makes my eyes do funny things.

All in all, very nice though and congrats on your pending marriage thumb.gifthumb
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2010
    Nikonic1 wrote:
    Well, if one things for sure, your fiance is gorgeous....oh wait...we're talking about photos here......

Sorry, back on topic.....

#3 is my favorite with #7 being right there too. I really like #8 also but that one little blown out spot is distracting me from viewing your subject 100%.

I like the idea of #10 but the angle makes my eyes do funny things.

All in all, very nice though and congrats on your pending marriage thumb.gifthumb

Thanks, Nikonic. #3 was actually luck, she was readjusting the scarf, and I decided to start shooting and that was the best of the bunch. I was very excited when I saw it.
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2010
    As stated before you've got a great looking gal.

You have a great start here. On the first one the flash didn't go off. (sorry too easy I couldn't resist). I like it alot. I like #2. Clean up the hair some and watch for cutting off the hand. Sort of makes it look awkard. #3 the hot spot is distracting. Remember bright areas draw you attention first. You look there before looking at her. You made great use of overhangs, that helps you lighting. I like 4 but the background is a little distracting. 5 seems to have some facial distortion. Just a few ideas to help. Overall you have a very good start.
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2010
    Hackbone wrote:
    As stated before you've got a great looking gal.

You have a great start here. On the first one the flash didn't go off. (sorry too easy I couldn't resist). I like it alot. I like #2. Clean up the hair some and watch for cutting off the hand. Sort of makes it look awkard. #3 the hot spot is distracting. Remember bright areas draw you attention first. You look there before looking at her. You made great use of overhangs, that helps you lighting. I like 4 but the background is a little distracting. 5 seems to have some facial distortion. Just a few ideas to help. Overall you have a very good start.

Thanks for the critique, Hackbone. I agree completely with #3, and if I didn't absolutely love the rest of it, I wouldn't have posted it for that very fact, but I just think the moment is worth it. Thanks for the tip on #2, I'm obviously an amateur, and she has never done any real modelling so we just sort of looked around in magazines, and did what we thought looked best. I had to stylize 5 a bit, it was very overexposed, but I guess I took it a little too far. 4, I'm not sure what you mean with the background, but I'll keep that in mind for future shots!

I really appreciate all the comments, I will put them to good use!