Night Time

PhotometricPhotometric Registered Users Posts: 309 Major grins
edited January 8, 2010 in Landscapes
759157884_K5RAR-L.jpg

(Sorry about the watermark)
http://www.djdimages.com/

"Don't worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition."
-- Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• TreyHoffTreyHoff Registered Users Posts: 388 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2010
    Hmmm......sorry, imho it just doesn't do anything for me. There doesn't seem to be a specific subject in the photo, unless you intended it to be the sky, but even so, the sky is quite monochromatic and void. The light on the lower right and the house on the far left are distracting and the foreground is too dark. Did you use a tripod?....the trees look a bit soft.

Maybe a closer silhouette of one of the trees against the dark blue sky would have been more interesting?
  • RidgetopRidgetop Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2010
    I'm afraid I'm not entirely sure what you were trying to capture here. There isn't anything in particular to catch the eyes and the sky doesn't have anything special other than the color. Night scenes are fun but you have to find something that captures the moment. Special buildings, full moon landscapes, street scenes, and much more can convey this.
  • PhotometricPhotometric Registered Users Posts: 309 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2010
    When I first saw this, I liked the center tree. I especially liked how the sky dwarfed the house, trees and everything else. I felt it put a little perspective to these things we consider big in our lives, that they are small in comparison to the enormity of the world.
    http://www.djdimages.com/

"Don't worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition."
    -- Abraham Lincoln
  • rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2010
    I have to agree it just does not do anything for me either. Could be the crappy monitor but it is so dark. Just not have any POP to it.
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires