Proof delay..can I share what I did in proofing?

MadisonPhotographyMadisonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
edited January 7, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Some of my customers want me to do the cropping of their images. I actually like doing this to prevent disappointment with the product received..

Is it possible to proof an image and then share it with the customer before I send to print?

Comments

• mbellotmbellot Registered Users Posts: 465 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2010
    You get their email address with the order, why not send them the revised proof for review?
  • Traces of TexasTraces of Texas Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited January 7, 2010
    mbellot wrote:
    You get their email address with the order, why not send them the revised proof for review?

Just guessing here, since I am a newbie, but that would require that the customer then be there to accept the email, look at the photos, and decide that they want them. It adds steps to a time-sensitive process.

Also, of course, there is the time it takes to type out the email, go to your hard drive, attach the files, and send them to the customer.
  • mbellotmbellot Registered Users Posts: 465 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2010
    Just guessing here, since I am a newbie, but that would require that the customer then be there to accept the email, look at the photos, and decide that they want them. It adds steps to a time-sensitive process.

Also, of course, there is the time it takes to type out the email, go to your hard drive, attach the files, and send them to the customer.

Regardless of the actual method the customer is going to need to be alerted of the updated proof and have access to a computer/internet to view the changes if they are going to be involved in any kind of final approval.