Options

A link to a dark russian essay

seastackseastack Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
edited January 7, 2010 in Street and Documentary
While I know this is not everyone's cup of tea, Notes from the Underground by Igor Posner on Burn Magazine is to me a wonderful, rich, very dark look at St. Petersburg. There isn't a technically "perfect" photo in the bunch but it is "more" because of it, at least to me. This has influences of Koudelka, D'Agata, and Dostoevsky.

Hope you don't mind the link posting. (I should mention that the essay contains some mild explicit content, and is so noted on the site.)

Comments

• Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2010
    seastack wrote:
    While I know this is not everyone's cup of tea, Notes from the Underground by Igor Posner on Burn Magazine is to me a wonderful, rich, very dark look at St. Petersburg. There isn't a technically "perfect" photo in the bunch but it is "more" because of it, at least to me. This has influences of Koudelka, D'Agata, and Dostoevsky.

Hope you don't mind the link posting. (I should mention that the essay contains some mild explicit content, and is so noted on the site.)

dark and moody..really good stuff. Best presented in a set. There are only like 5 shades from whoite to balck in the whole series!
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com