Gloomy Reflections

stirinthesaucestirinthesauce Registered Users Posts: 293 Major grins
edited January 8, 2010 in Landscapes
Here is one I keep going back to. This is from 2 years ago with my old 20d and my beloved 12-24ATX Tokina.
I printed this and am hanging it in my living room but not what you see. This is a reprocessed version. I keep going back to this. I don't know why. It really captured the mood of the day and that winter. Cold, rainy, foggy and about to be dark. Use to drive by this spot all the time and just happened to stop this early evening as a passing thought. Not my best work by far, but, something about this image draws me in. I figured I would share.

Jon

759859864_KmNcY-XL.jpg

Comments

• Alpha_PlusAlpha_Plus Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2010
    You are right. It certainly does draw you in to the location!! I love the mood created! Great capture of a stunning location. clap.gif

I'm sure it would be beautiful in the spring! any other images?
    Karl Lindsay
    Nikon D600
    Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 24mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 | Nikkor 50mm f/1.8
    Induro CT-014 Tripod
    karllindsayphotography.com | Photos on Facebook | 500px
  • stirinthesaucestirinthesauce Registered Users Posts: 293 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2010
    Alpha_Plus wrote:
    You are right. It certainly does draw you in to the location!! I love the mood created! Great capture of a stunning location. clap.gif

I'm sure it would be beautiful in the spring! any other images?

Thank you! I *think* i have some other images of this place archived but none really picturesque so to speak. The water generally is not flowing over except during wet periods. This spring though is usually during the wet months. I'll have to make a note and get there in the next few months.