Muench Workshops -- Spring Fling! Death Valley -- April 8-11, 2010

DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
edited January 23, 2010 in Landscapes
[imgl]http://smugmug.com/photos/http://www.muenchworkshops.com/Workshops/Death-Valley-Photo-Workshop/5029096322033-2038/759847967_VG9fp-M-1.jpg-XL.jpg[/imgl]

Muench Workshops:
Spring Fling! Death Valley

April 8-11, 2010

Take your photography to the next level in one of the most stunning and unique locations in the US, Death Valley.

You'll learn valuable photography techniques to help you shoot throughout the week and beyond. We'll be visiting some of the more unusual locations including the sand dunes, Bad Water, Zabriski Point, Dante's View, and the infamous Race Track with its mysterious "sailing stones."

More information here.
Moderator Emeritus
Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops

Comments

• dadwtwinsdadwtwins Registered Users Posts: 804 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2010
    paid-in-full....:D

Can't wait clap.gif
    My Homepage :thumb-->http://dthorp.smugmug.com
    My Photo Blog -->http://dthorpphoto.blogspot.com/
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2010
    Not even two days since we announced it, and we're already nearly half full on this workshop.
    Moderator Emeritus
    edited January 9, 2010
    DavidTO wrote:
    Not even two days since we announced it, and we're already nearly half full on this workshop.

wow....good thing I saw the post deal.gif
  • CoryUTCoryUT Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2010
    Looks like a blast and right in my neighborhood! Can't afford it this year unfortunately, but maybe next time. I'm really itching to get out to one of these!
    Daily Shot
    My Photographic Adventures

Nikon D7000 | 10-20 | 50 | 55-200
  • CandaceCandace Registered Users Posts: 8 Big grins
    edited January 10, 2010
    Hey Dan
    I'm signed up- let me know if you are interested in car-pooling..
    Candace
    dadwtwins wrote:
    wow....good thing I saw the post deal.gif
    edited January 11, 2010
    Candace wrote:
    Hey Dan
    Candace

Hey Candace, I will know more in a couple of days. My plan as of now is to drop off my family at my brothers house in the central valley while I shoot and then go back to his house for a few days for a visit.
  • ole docole doc Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited January 11, 2010
    Hi,
    I have some embarrassing questions:
    I have significant lung disease and cannot tolerate elevations above 5000 ft for more than a short while. Also, this condition prohibits me from walking any sigificant distance especially uphill. I know, by hearsay that Death Valley can be fairly challenging. What are the conditions this safari will encounter related to my problems?
    Also, does the lodge have a shuttle from LasVegas airport.
    thanks,
    Nick
  • Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2010
    ole doc wrote:
    Hi,
    I have significant lung disease and cannot tolerate elevations above 5000 ft for more than a short while. Also, this condition prohibits me from walking any sigificant distance especially uphill. I know, by hearsay that Death Valley can be fairly challenging. What are the conditions this safari will encounter related to my problems?
    thanks,
    Nick

Hello Nick

I can check and see if there are arrangements to shuttle to Stove Pipe Wells from Vegas. Regarding the conditions for this trip, we will be climbing on the sand dunes but this can be done to your ability. We usually teach in areas about 1/2 mile off the road where the good ripples begin on low lying dunes. The large dunes are much further and require strenuous sand climbing but is not necessary. We will visit Dante's View on the afternoon of day two which is 5475 feet, making it potentially dangerous for you as we may spend several hours photographing the sunset. I believe you would be just fine getting around in all the other locations.
    edited January 11, 2010
    thank you very much.
    Nick
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2010
    Candace wrote:
    Hey Dan
    Candace
    clap.gif
  • CandaceCandace Registered Users Posts: 8 Big grins
    edited January 12, 2010
    I just mapped the trip- didn't realize how long it took to get to DV. Breaking the trip up is a great idea, I will probably drive part of the way the night before. Could meet in Bakersfield if that helps you. Looking forward to shooting together!
    dadwtwins wrote:
    Hey Candace, I will know more in a couple of days. My plan as of now is to drop off my family at my brothers house in the central valley while I shoot and then go back to his house for a few days for a visit.
  • BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2010
    I won't be able to do this workshop, however looking at my calendar, I might run into you on Saturday at the dunes and/or the racetrack (two of my favorite locations in DV).

Have fun everyone!
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • scottVscottV Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2010
    Room still available?
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2010
    scottV wrote:
    Room still available?

Yes, although I am surprised (pleasantly!) how quickly this one is filling up.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • paparosspapaross Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2010
    ole doc wrote:
    Hi,
    thanks,
    Nick

Hi Nick, I have a similiar, but not near as severe as a condition as you. I have mild PH as well as a permantly collasped lung. Nevertheless, I went on the Wild Utah trip with these guys last fall. The altitude bothered me a lot as well as slowed me down. When all the 20/30 year olds rushed down/up the trail to the photo shoot area, the leaders took turns walking with me at my speed. They were most patient and supportive. And if you think any one trail is not for you, no one will make you feel guilty.
    Would I do it again? Absolutely. I have already signed up for Death Valley. These guys are great professionals and fun to be with. I was probably least experience in photography of the group, and they took me to another level to the point I felt I had surpassed one/two others in the group.
    A wonderful experience!
    edited January 23, 2010
    papaross wrote:
    Hi Nick, I have a similiar, but not near as severe as a condition as you. I have mild PH as well as a permantly collasped lung. Nevertheless, I went on the Wild Utah trip with these guys last fall. The altitude bothered me a lot as well as slowed me down. When all the 20/30 year olds rushed down/up the trail to the photo shoot area, the leaders took turns walking with me at my speed. They were most patient and supportive. And if you think any one trail is not for you, no one will make you feel guilty.
    Would I do it again? Absolutely. I have already signed up for Death Valley. These guys are great professionals and fun to be with. I was probably least experience in photography of the group, and they took me to another level to the point I felt I had surpassed one/two others in the group.
    A wonderful experience!
    Thanks for the encouragement. I was considering it but am currently in a bad time. Might be better by then but can't take a chance. maybe some other time.
    Nick