Cookies, PJ style

lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
edited January 10, 2010 in People
We were making cookies, on a whim I grabbed my camera and thought i'd do something different. I set to jpg in order to set it on the monochrome setting, upped the ISO to 2000 and shot away. Kinda wish I would've thought of it earlier in the process but oh well. i didn't want to use any flash, I was going for the contrasty b&w look. Ok seriously no works of art here by any means but it was something different for sure and i had fun. My husband thought i was strange but he'll never understand! :rofl

759950443_K4ndR-L.jpg

759950555_PXGW9-L.jpg

759951842_MVdyH-L.jpg

759951555_hiik9-L.jpg

759952267_Sqy94-L.jpg

759950936_Y8zHB-L.jpg

759951156_rSKiH-L.jpg

759952540_A2TyV-L.jpg

759953362_D63kg-L.jpg

759952890_yKQpX-L.jpg

my final result pictures didn't upload for some reason or I would've included them. The cookies were yummy though!

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2010
    So all of this was just the way the light is in your kitchen? Wow!! You have some great lighting angles going there! Love your story here...
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2010
    Nice, I like it, no spouses sometimes don't get it at all. Mine only appreciates a traditional photo, booooring.
    Quite a great capture for kitchen light!!!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2010
    i've always hated the light in my kitchen. the main source here is a pan hanging rack thing above the island with 2 lights. I also have a light over the kitchen table, and one over the sink. it's sounds like a lot, but it's not...it's so confined because island and table lights hang down from the ceiling. The kitchen is not very well lit as a whole, but the lit parts are bright if that makes any sense at all. This was the first time I used it to my advantage. it was interesting to work with. I may have to take advantage more.

Thanks guys!
    edited January 8, 2010
    When we redid our kitchen a couple of years ago, we opted to overlight (you can always dim them or turn them off). Nice use in a 'liability' as an asset.
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
  • l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2010
    What a cute idea!!!!

I think those are awesome shots, something as simple as making cookies.. wow.

If my kitchen was big enough, I'd totally try that!
  • The_Fat_ZebraThe_Fat_Zebra Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2010
    Nice set, now I'm hungry.
    Street & Portrait because of the people. Landscape because it's pretty.
    Disappointed with AF of Tamron 28-75 2.8, me less happy.
    edited January 8, 2010

This got me wondering. Has anyone tried (and gotten decent results) putting a piece of mirror on the backsplash and shooting into that to get the person's face while working in tight quarters?
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
    edited January 8, 2010
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Nice use in a 'liability' as an asset.

are you trying to appeal to the accountant side of me?:D
    I really want dimmable can lights all over my kitchen. But i think that would be a lot of work and cost a lot of money, and we have a few other projects ahead in the list.
    What a cute idea!!!!

I think those are awesome shots, something as simple as making cookies.. wow.

I was suprised that I liked them so much..but I do think that the idea wouldn't have worked as well with my standard color shooting/processing. Most of the fun was getting the results sooc, and playing on the light/shadows with black and white. It's pretty out of my norm but something i will do again with some other simple event. Thanks for the comment!
    Nice set, now I'm hungry.

does this make it better? rolleyes1.gif

760162196_v7DZr-L.jpg

760162480_aY7wt-L.jpg

Andrew- That's an interesting idea, i've never tried it. If you do let us know how it turns out.
  • D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2010
    I beg to differ!!

2, 8 and 10 ARE works of art.
    edited January 10, 2010
    D'Buggs wrote:
    I beg to differ!!

2, 8 and 10 ARE works of art.

aww thanks! iloveyou.gif