Love a cute gal with a hoodie.

HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
edited January 9, 2010 in People
This particular gal had a georgous complesion. Peaches and cream really describes it. Also a great big dress.

1. 760193708_GyoW5-L.jpg

2. 760193361_Dxy6E-L.jpg

3. 760193480_ebtY5-L.jpg

Comments

• lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2010
    oooh very pretty! 1 and 2 are my favorites! nice work!
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2010
    Wow, that's a big dress.

I really like the tones in #1, but she's just so far away to fit that entire dress in the frame that the photo suffers.

#2 is excellent. I love the white fabric with the white backdrop.
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2010
    Very pretty girl!

#1 is great, but I dunno about the vignetting; I think I'd have brought the back wall up just a teeny bit; as shown it looks pretty gloomy behind her, although her head is pretty well modeled. As shown, she's totally overwhelmed by the magnificence of the dress; could do a close-up of her head and shoulders to show off her complexion.

#2 Vast white! (puts on shades…) Is her complexion really that smooth - as is, it looks a bit too good to be true! Her left (camera-right) dimple looks slightly odd, and her lips aren't in keeping with the silky look of the rest of her face. Nice, but you've lost the edge of her furry hood, and it seems that there's nothing in the left third of the frame; You could convert to portrait by cropping the left third of the frame, and it would look better (IMNSHO), although you could use the space for copy as is…

#3 nice, but I think I prefer the expression in #2 (looking at #3 again… …so what's with the black thumb? eek7.gif )

Hey, thanks for sharing - quite the looker!

thumb.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2010
    Thanks all. Wil, I did just a tad of work on her complexion but she is that gorgeous. As for the comp I have a skewed outlook on life.
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2010
    #1 is just gorgeous! There's something so classic about it.
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2010
    Charles, love the classic look of the first, and she does the hood-holding thing so very well in #2. Third one doesn't hold a candle to #2; I think she washes out too much and her thumb is somewhat distracting in holding the hood.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
    edited January 8, 2010
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Charles, love the classic look of the first, and she does the hood-holding thing so very well in #2. Third one doesn't hold a candle to #2; I think she washes out too much and her thumb is somewhat distracting in holding the hood.

Thanks Andrew. I used to worry alot about blowing out the highlights but it seems that the only people who care are photographers! I started to like the look and the kids go gaga over it so I'm more happier with the money earned. For me it was something that began to grow on me.
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited January 8, 2010
    I really love #2 and #3.

Yes, some highlights are fried, but so what! The detail in the important areas of the image, her face, are just fine; and by not allocating all those grey steps to the detail in the hood, but instead to her face, the image is nicely rendered, thank you! For me, anyway.thumb.gif

She looks a bit slumped over in #1, and she is too small in the image for my taste.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2010
    Nice work, HB! thumb.gif

- I think 1 would do better with a traditional 8x10 crop (maybe even a square), there's (IMO) too much dead space in it. This photo does have a *nice* feeling though.

- woot-woot for 2!!
    A HK master-piece.
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2010
    Hackbone wrote:
    I started to like the look and the kids go gaga over it so I'm more happier with the money earned. For me it was something that began to grow on me.

0xffffff is the new color of money.... mwink.gif
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2010
  • ToTaLKaRNaGeToTaLKaRNaGe Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited January 8, 2010
    Forgive my ignorance i am still new to photography. But what is needed to get such an angelic setting as in photo #2. I enjoy looking at pictures with such an over abundance of white glow from behind the subject
    edited January 8, 2010
    Forgive my ignorance i am still new to photography. But what is needed to get such an angelic setting as in photo #2. I enjoy looking at pictures with such an over abundance of white glow from behind the subject

The first image is straight out of the camera with adjustments made with a raw file program called Capture 1. Lit the bkg with two softboxes and a large softbox on the subject. Did alittle bit of skin softening and some level and curves adjusting.

1.760422319_3Qwhp-L.jpg

2. 760193361_Dxy6E-L.jpg
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2010
    #2 FTW sir. Great shot.
  • MavMav Registered Users Posts: 174 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2010
    I love number 2 clap.gif

And, for what it's worth, I think the composition is good too - so maybe I have a skewed outlook on life too :D

Thanks for posting thumb.gif
  • The_Fat_ZebraThe_Fat_Zebra Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2010
    I look forward to the day I can get a shot like no. 2 'out of camera' with so little PP. Great work.
    Street & Portrait because of the people. Landscape because it's pretty.
    Disappointed with AF of Tamron 28-75 2.8, me less happy.