Sophie is growing up!

Adrian van AmmersAdrian van Ammers Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
edited July 31, 2005 in People
Just a few candid portraits of Sophie by a happy granddad :)

29857421-L-1.jpg

29857417-L.jpg

29858797-L.jpg

Here is a "I'm not really in the mood" image. Which was actually not true :1drink . She was just eating a cookie which took all her concentration and attention :D

29857430-L.jpg

Comments

• HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2005
    What a cutie,
    The eyes in the first one are wow!. Shots like these are treasures. It's funny how people, like myself, don't like to be photographed. Years down the road, we wonder why there aren't any photos of us when we were younger11doh.gif. Mom and Dad should be glad Grandpa is a shutterbug. I know Sophie and her husband will be glad, as well as their children, and their children, and so on, and so on:D.

Thanks for sharing her with us,
    Chris

After looking again, here eyes are amazing in all the shots.

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2005
    Arent they a joy...........
    They grow up so fast.
    Very proud grandfather for sureiloveyou.gif
  • Adrian van AmmersAdrian van Ammers Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2005
    Hi Chris
    The eyes in the first one are wow!. Shots like these are treasures. It's funny how people, like myself, don't like to be photographed. Years down the road, we wonder why there aren't any photos of us when we were younger11doh.gif. Mom and Dad should be glad Grandpa is a shutterbug. I know Sophie and her husband will be glad, as well as their children, and their children, and so on, and so on:D.

Thanks for sharing her with us,

Chris

After looking again, here eyes are amazing in all the shots.
    Thank you for all your nice words and comments! I really appreciate.
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2005
    All beautiful shots.. number one is a really special one tho.. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2005
    What a cutie!
    I totally agree with Higgmeister. Her eyes in the first one are just soo bright blue and her barette compliments them nicely. You should post that one in the Eyes thread here http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=138866#post138866.

I really like the last one too. She's really concentrating hard on that cookie.

Nick
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2005
    What a beautiful child... Number one has fascinating eyes, blue as a mountain lake I would say... (though I have never seen a mountain lake, but I can imagine that it is blue like this)
    The cookie one is precious too. What a great thing to have: a snaphappy granddad...
    edited July 28, 2005
    Hello John
    Arent they a joy...........
    They grow up so fast.
    Very proud grandfather for sureiloveyou.gif
    Hard to express how much I enjoy the grandkids. They are living miracles. Thanks for your nice comment!
    edited July 28, 2005
    Thanks Lynn...
    lynnma wrote:
    All beautiful shots.. number one is a really special one tho.. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    for your kind words. Yep #1 is my favorite too but #3 is close because of her born to be wild expression :D
  • leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2005
    Very very nice. What post processing steps do you do? Those are incredibly sharp/good eyes....not to mention a very cute girl.

Lee
    edited July 28, 2005
    Postprocessing
    leebase wrote:
    Very very nice. What post processing steps do you do? Those are incredibly sharp/good eyes....not to mention a very cute girl.

Lee
    I have some actions for sharpening. I forgot when and how I found them. Do a search on Sharpening Twang, which is the guy who made these, I guess.
    I always start to check levels, the colors/whitebalance, maybe a little contrast. I run the picture through noise filter(Noiseware pro version), not standard but portraits almost always. I end up with the sharpening. Here is the first picture followed by the original to show the difference. I hope this helps.
    29857421-L-1.jpg
    30093514-L.jpg
    edited July 29, 2005
    Thanks Nick, that's a good idea
    gluwater wrote:
    I totally agree with Higgmeister. Her eyes in the first one are just soo bright blue and her barette compliments them nicely. You should post that one in the Eyes thread here http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=138866#post138866.

I really like the last one too. She's really concentrating hard on that cookie.

Nick
    I will post the picture in the Eyes thread as well! Thanks for your kind words!
    edited July 30, 2005
    Hi Photocat
    photocat wrote:
    What a beautiful child... Number one has fascinating eyes, blue as a mountain lake I would say... (though I have never seen a mountain lake, but I can imagine that it is blue like this)
    The cookie one is precious too. What a great thing to have: a snaphappy granddad...
    Thanks so much for your kind words. And funny, a snaphappy granddad rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2005
    Thanks so much for your kind words. And funny, a snaphappy granddad rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Het mag al eens grappig zijn nietwaar... lol
    edited July 30, 2005
    Ben je Belgisch?
    photocat wrote:
    Het mag al eens grappig zijn nietwaar... lol
    Dat ziet er uit als onvervalst Vlaams! clap.gif Maar je woont in de UK??
  • MaestroMaestro Registered Users Posts: 5,395 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2005
    Wow! She's a beaut! Be careful with that one. She'll be fighting the boys off soon enough. You captured her very well.
  • Bob StanleyBob Stanley Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited July 30, 2005
    You have a beautiful granddaughter! All four shots are outstanding, they each display a different expression. Excellent pictures!
    Thanks be to God, for our blessings.
    edited July 31, 2005
    Thanks Maestro
    Maestro wrote:
    Wow! She's a beaut! Be careful with that one. She'll be fighting the boys off soon enough. You captured her very well.
    Here we meet again :): I just replied to you the dog thread.
    Yeah, I'm sure she is going to break some hearts. mwink.gif The boys will have a hard time because she can be a little pussycat now and then.
    edited July 31, 2005
    Hello Bob
    You have a beautiful granddaughter! All four shots are outstanding, they each display a different expression. Excellent pictures!
    You are very generous in your comments! Thanks for the encouragement and nice words. I really appreciate.