Fiery Sunrise in Seattle

coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
edited January 10, 2010 in Landscapes
From yesterday morning.

759969042_MHvSg-XL.jpg

Comments

• RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2010
    Wow, nice capture! Is that from Kerry Park, or somewhere close? I keep meaning to get up that way for some sunrise shots, but for some reason during the week work interferes, and on weekends I value sleeping in too much to make that happen very often!

Anyways, love the shot! We should get a group together again sometime!
  • bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2010
    Nice!!! That's just about a perfect combo...pink sky, city lights and Mt Rainier. Sweet!
  • BeezeBeeze Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited January 8, 2010
    Very nice! thumb.gif

RJ
  • scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2010
    Ah Ron- I hate you. :D

I was in pain on my way to work while this was going on since I couldn't photograph it. Way to be at the right place & right time!
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2010
    bryanj87 wrote:
    Nice!!! That's just about a perfect combo...pink sky, city lights and Mt Rainier. Sweet!

15524779-Ti.gif

Nuttin' else to say but that. This is soooo much nicer than the cell phone snap lol3.gif
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2010
    Rhuarc wrote:
    Wow, nice capture! Is that from Kerry Park, or somewhere close? I keep meaning to get up that way for some sunrise shots, but for some reason during the week work interferes, and on weekends I value sleeping in too much to make that happen very often!

Anyways, love the shot! We should get a group together again sometime!

Yep, that was Kerry Park, it's about 10 minutes away from work and one of the few places I can shoot the sunrise from on a weekday this time of year (unlike the summer when I can shoot at Mt. Rainier and still make it back to work in time).
    edited January 9, 2010
    bryanj87 wrote:

Thanks, it's definitely the best sunrise or sunset I've seen from Kerry Park (sunrises are generally better there than sunsets). The exposure for the city lights was taken about 10 minutes before the exposure for the sky.
    edited January 9, 2010
    scole wrote:
    Ah Ron- I hate you. :D

I was in pain on my way to work while this was going on since I couldn't photograph it. Way to be at the right place & right time!

I definitely lucked out, I think there was one other photographer there. Forecast looked dreary for the next few days and I'm on-call so I can't stray that far away so this was my only option this week. I'm pretty fortunate that I can get to such a good view only 10 minutes from my office.
    edited January 9, 2010
    schmoo wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif

Nuttin' else to say but that. This is soooo much nicer than the cell phone snap lol3.gif

If I could take photos like this with an iPhone and no tripod life would be so much easier (and cheaper!) :D
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2010
    you got yourself a winner here, Ron... love it! being unemployed, i could probably drag my carcass outta bed and scoot over there for some sunrise shots, but somehow just haven't gotten around to it... ne_nau.gif what did you shoot this with?
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
    edited January 10, 2010
    squirl033 wrote:
    you got yourself a winner here, Ron... love it! being unemployed, i could probably drag my carcass outta bed and scoot over there for some sunrise shots, but somehow just haven't gotten around to it... ne_nau.gif what did you shoot this with?

Thanks Rocky! If I had the gift of unemployment I would definitely be taking advantage of it :D

This was taken with a 5D MII and the 24-105 f/4.