Another one from Seattle

coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
edited January 11, 2010 in Landscapes
I took this yesterday after doing some work on the weekend, and again lucked out with some excellent colors which peaked about 15 minutes after sunset.

761205949_BHPh8-XL-1.jpg

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2010
    Stunning beautiful !clap.gifclap.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2010
    beautiful and somehow soothing for a picture with so much activity and things to look at.
  • bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2010
    Killer shot. The sky is amazing.
  • shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2010
    coscorrosa wrote:
    I took this yesterday after doing some work on the weekend, and again lucked out with some excellent colors which peaked about 15 minutes after sunset.

Wonderful colors and processing. Love it!

Cheers,
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2010
    Thanks everyone! I got real lucky with the clouds, but the color didn't happen until 15 minutes after sunset, so it pays to stick around! deal.gif
  • Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2010
    I think the same clouds were hovering over Santa Barbara all weekend. Unfortunately I was hovering over my BBQ tonight and driving last night. But I have not seen such spectacular clouds in a bit, WTG for hanging around to get the shot.
  • garymkrieggarymkrieg Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited January 11, 2010
    Great shot!!! Do you mind sharing your location for this shot?

Gary
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2010
    Most excellent Ron!!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2010
    It looks great with all the extra light streaks. I think this should be my next destination when the weather clears up. As I mentioned, I still don't have a shot I like from this bridge. It might be wise for me to first invest in a kevlar vest.
    edited January 11, 2010
    I think the same clouds were hovering over Santa Barbara all weekend. Unfortunately I was hovering over my BBQ tonight and driving last night. But I have not seen such spectacular clouds in a bit, WTG for hanging around to get the shot.

Thanks Marc! A BBQ in January sure sounds appealing though :)

It seems from the limited time I've been paying attention to this stuff (2-3 years) that winter offers the best sunrises and sunsets in Seattle.
    edited January 11, 2010
    garymkrieg wrote:
    Great shot!!! Do you mind sharing your location for this shot?

Gary

No problem - it's on the 12th Ave Bridge on the north end of Beacon Hill in Seattle (near the big orange Pacific Medical Center building). The shot is from the bridge itself where I-90 and I-5 merge together.
    edited January 11, 2010
    dseidman wrote:
    It looks great with all the extra light streaks. I think this should be my next destination when the weather clears up. As I mentioned, I still don't have a shot I like from this bridge. It might be wise for me to first invest in a kevlar vest.

Thanks - just remember, your tripod can also be used as a weapon, especially if it's that old tripod you were carrying around at Kerry Park the other day.
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited January 11, 2010
    Wonderful shot, Ron, with great pastel colors. thumb.gif

It sure is a pretty city you guys have there. nod.gif

-joel
    edited January 11, 2010
    kdog wrote:
    Wonderful shot, Ron, with great pastel colors. thumb.gif

It sure is a pretty city you guys have there. nod.gif

-joel

Thanks, and yes, we're very lucky, there are at least three awesome view points of the city (the 12th ave bridge in this shot, Kerry Park, West Seattle/Alki), and I can reach most of them at sunrise and still make it to work on time even in the winter.