Options

Hey there Geordie Girls

PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
edited January 10, 2010 in Street and Documentary
760670441_KpJdi-M.jpg

These girls were out on a wet snow/icy Saturday night with barely a stitch on but ready to party.
The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography

Comments

• Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2010
    Patti wrote:
    760670441_KpJdi-M.jpg

These girls were out on a wet snow/icy Saturday night with barely a stitch on but ready to party.

Nice catch, Patticlap.gifclap.gif - But were it mine, I'd crop it just to the right of the of the large post.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2010
    Like so? I'd hoped to capture the cold they felt but failed to do so.

761656108_8ebeY-L.jpg
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2010
    The lady in front on the left looks cold. But the one in the sleeveless dress does not. Go figure. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2010
    WhatSheSaw wrote:
    The lady in front on the left looks cold. But the one in the sleeveless dress does not. Go figure. ne_nau.gif
    Well......Ones young and ones 'older'! That alone gives the general impression of 'Cold'.

Nice shot. I'm thinking BD meant crop just between the post and the tall pole. Basically a 'square' crop.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2010
    I like this shot, too. Odd, though, that looking at the feet of the young lady in front, she looks rather precariously balanced and is about to fall flat on her face. rolleyes1.gif

Very good work, Patti! thumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Options
    GrainbeltGrainbelt Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2010
    Great shot, and representative of the social scene over the winter months in much of the north.
    eL eSs Vee wrote:
    I like this shot, too. Odd, though, that looking at the feet of the young lady in front, she looks rather precariously balanced and is about to fall flat on her face. rolleyes1.gif

Walking in heels is pretty much a lost art. The nicer bars here are as entertaining for the comedy as they are for the, uh, scenery. :D