Nikon Film Cameras (Pic Intensive)

ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
edited January 14, 2010 in Cameras
In the 1960's and 1970's my father was both a world traveler and a photographer. He had many opportunities to go to Japan, and always bought his gear there.

He recently gave me a box of equipment and asked if there was any retained value. So I come to the Dgrin experts for advice.

We start with Nikon F: I understand pretty much the standard at the time:
It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited January 10, 2010
    Lovely to see and triggered lots of good memories.

Thanks for sharing,
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2010
    Great portraits of great old specimens. They look lovely and I bet you'd have a fun time using them. thanks for sharing.
  • ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2010
    Thanks guys. While I was looking at one of the cameras I figured out one has film still in it.

(I learned a long time ago not to simply open film cameras and look!)

Anyway, I laughed at that, advanced the frame and shot a quick photo of my dad to see if it worked. After the snap, I flipped over the back to look at the image! Funny we are pre programed to chimp now.

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited January 14, 2010
    Zanotti wrote:
    ... Anyway, I laughed at that, advanced the frame and shot a quick photo of my dad to see if it worked. After the snap, I flipped over the back to look at the image! Funny we are pre programed to chimp now.

Z

mwink.gif I too am a creature of habit. (Been there, done that.)
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2010
    Zanotti wrote:
    Thanks guys. While I was looking at one of the cameras I figured out one has film still in it.

Anyway, I laughed at that, advanced the frame and shot a quick photo of my dad to see if it worked. After the snap, I flipped over the back to look at the image! Funny we are pre programed to chimp now.

Z

Just wait till you are limited to 36 photos before you need to switch "cards" lol3.gif

But seriously go out with 1 or 2 rolls of film for a day of shooting, having to limit yourself to just that many exposures really gets you paying attention to how you are framing it to make sure it counts.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2010
    Cool ! mwink.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • DeVermDeVerm Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2010
    Zanotti wrote:

Z

So, you're gonna have that film developed?

cheers,
    Nick.
    ciao!
    Nick.

my equipment: Canon 5D2, 7D, full list here
    my Smugmug site: here