Options

HTML code is Off

timk519timk519 Registered Users Posts: 831 Major grins
edited January 10, 2010 in Dgrin Forum Support
Running Chrome, HTML code is off, but running FF, HTML code is ON.

Since Chrome is considerably faster than FF, I'd like to be able to turn HTML editing "on" when using it.

Is there a switch somewhere that can make that happen?

---

Ok, this is odd.

Posting a new thread - html code is on. Adding a new post to an existing thread, html code is off. :scratch
  • Save $5 off your first year's SmugMug image hosting with coupon code hccesQbqNBJbc

Comments

• Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2010
    timk519 wrote:
    Running Chrome, HTML code is off, but running FF, HTML code is ON.

Since Chrome is considerably faster than FF, I'd like to be able to turn HTML editing "on" when using it.

Is there a switch somewhere that can make that happen?

---

Ok, this is odd.

Posting a new thread - html code is on. Adding a new post to an existing thread, html code is off. headscratch.gif
    We can't discriminate on browser basis, VB doesn't let us. It varies a bit sometimes, based on forum, though.
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2010
    ivar wrote:
    We can't discriminate on browser basis, VB doesn't let us. It varies a bit sometimes, based on forum, though.
    So what's causing my HTML coding to get turned off - I'm referring specifically to the "stats beta" thread.
    • Save $5 off your first year's SmugMug image hosting with coupon code hccesQbqNBJbc
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited January 10, 2010
    timk519 wrote:
    So what's causing my HTML coding to get turned off - I'm referring specifically to the "stats beta" thread.

It's off in the whole support forum. I suppose that's to let people quote HTML without screwing up the display, dunno. In any event, if you look at that thread in FF you will see it's off as well. Not browser specific.
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2010
    Ah! Ok.
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2010
    Richard wrote:
    I suppose that's to let people quote HTML without screwing up the display, dunno.
    Yeah, it's because of the customization-related posts. It needs to be off to show HTML tags.