Options

Scodn set of Macros witht the 36MM tube

EddyEddy Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
edited January 11, 2010 in Holy Macro
Hello All:
All you macro geniuses pls let me know if this could of been better this is my second try with the 36 mm tube

761699996_RBXxp-M.jpg

761700186_nWYLL-M.jpg
761699996_RBXxp-M.jpg

761699878_ngPFG-M.jpg

Please let me know how better could these have been
Thank you
Eddy
E.J.W

Great understanding is broad and unhurried, Little understanding is cramped and busy" ..... Chuang Tsu

Comments

• Options
    Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2010
    Good series- esp like #2

#1 & #3 have both got blown highlights which detracts a bit. Not really sure about #4- assume you were after a rather high contrast effect but think the two large OOF pieces in the front spoil the composition.
    Brian V.
  • Options
    edited January 11, 2010
    Thanks LOrd:
    I should have stuck with me mp-e 65 mm lens ..5 to 1 ratio..i do like the new canon 100 US IS2.8 ..but it does not give me what i want ....Or could i have gotten alot closer..The last pic, i wanted tot ry something with the sunlight beating down on the chess peices from the back..the trouble i have right now is the focuins part of macro.. which i hope to remedy inabout a week..idearly miss my MP-E 65 macro..and serious about getting another one... i dont like the new canon 100 US IS 2.8
    thanks..again ..i will get this right its a treat and challenge but i will succeed..
    E.J.W

Great understanding is broad and unhurried, Little understanding is cramped and busy" ..... Chuang Tsu
  • Options
    GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited January 11, 2010
    think only #2 is actually in sharp focus. natural light?
    have you tried all 3 ex tubes yet?
    phil
  • Options
    edited January 11, 2010
    Hi Phil:
    No but i assume it will bring it alot closer.. there is something missing and i cant seem to put my finger on it..but will try the 3 tubes all at once...I am trying to read as much as i can for next weekend..for something different (my 3 rd macro shots ) hopefully it will get much more better.. (alot) more..trying to swallow as much info i can.
    E.J.W