Colourful silos

invisibleinvisible Registered Users Posts: 440 Major grins
edited January 12, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
So today I went with a couple local photographers to do a little exploration in the Headingley area, just west of Winnipeg. In my case, the goal was to try my new (used) D700 in the field for the first time. I love the camera so far, but I now have to do some adjusting to using the same old lenses without the 1.5x crop factor.

So here are the only images I've processed so far. Hope you like.

p672807833-4.jpg

p832856876-4.jpg
I steal the soul of inanimate things.

Federico
Website / Flickr

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited January 11, 2010
    Really nice. I especially like the color and use of DOF in #1. I would crop a sliver off the left edge of #2 to remove the tiny bit of sky showing at the top. I think the lines would be cleaner that way.

Congratulations on your new toy. That's one fine camera. wings.gif
  • invisibleinvisible Registered Users Posts: 440 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2010
    Richard wrote:
    Really nice. I especially like the color and use of DOF in #1. I would crop a sliver off the left edge of #2 to remove the tiny bit of sky showing at the top. I think the lines would be cleaner that way.
    Thanks Richard for the kind words. Regarding the crop suggested for #2, I was (and still am) torn about it. If I do crop that left edge in an attempt to lose the sky, I'd be missing that subtle curve on the silo that's such an important part of the composition to me... Tough decision.
    Richard wrote:
    Congratulations on your new toy. That's one fine camera. wings.gif
    Thanks again, I'm really a very happy camper these days.

Federico
    Website / Flickr
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2010
    Those grain bins are interesting subjects to photograph. I like the 1st photo the best thumb.gif
  • invisibleinvisible Registered Users Posts: 440 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2010
    Dogdots wrote:
    Those grain bins are interesting subjects to photograph. I like the 1st photo the best thumb.gif
    Thank you, Mary :)

Federico
    Website / Flickr