Baby Feet

donekdonek Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
edited July 27, 2005 in People
Our 2 week old daugther has my wifes feet and my hands. I've taken a couple shots, but need your help in improving the cencept. I think the carpet background is wrong and I'm sure there are some other things I could do to make it better. I'm not sure if I should try grass or a baby blanket as the background. Please let me know what you think.
Sean Martin
www.seanmartinphoto.com

aaaaa.... who am I kidding!

whoever dies with the biggest coolest piece of glass, wins!

Comments

• 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2005
    Congrats on your newborn. I wouldn't know exactly what background to use, just something that makes teh feet stand out more. Grass might be a good option..maybe just a white baby blanket as well.
  • SadieCassSadieCass Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited July 27, 2005
    It might just be me....but I'd also try a shot with your newborns feet on top of mommy's. Her hand in yours. Something that makes them closer...

As for the background, like was said, something simple. Plain white baby blanket sounds good if you have one.
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2005
    I like to take these shots against a light colored (pink or white) baby blanket using natural lighting or bounce. You may want to soften the image a little in your processing to make it look a little less clinical. Experiment a little more with your positioning of the hands and feet. This example is not very visually interesting.

Hope this helps.
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2005
    On another note, I guess I'm just not much of a foot person. While I love baby feet (I could kiss them all day long), adult feet do nothing for me. I would suggest the classic baby hand in Mom or Dad's hands or just the baby feet alone.

Here's my daughter.