Winter shots from Idaho

acowanacowan Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
edited January 11, 2010 in Landscapes
Spending the last two weeks in Kentucky in Texas with my family has made me long even more for the landscape of the West. Since I've been back I've visited my usual spot, Jump Creek Falls, and spent last Saturday snowshoeing. Here is a set from those outings; any and all C&C is welcome.;

1. This interesting ice pattern caught my eye. It seems that the water in the pool bobbing up and down had cause the ice to form these polygons.
760677025_EVyBR-L-3.jpg

2. I then changed lens and stacked my CPL on my Vari-ND to capture the bubbles in the pool swirling around. I like the bubble movement but I prefer the wider shot with more of the ice.
760676850_C6AXT-L-2.jpg

3. The snowshoe trail in the Boise Nat'l Forest (trailhead at Mores Creek Summit above Idaho City)
761727510_7KtMn-L-1.jpg

4. I owe this extract to my friend that was hiking along. He pointed this out amidst some granite rocks that I was more interested in (the resultant photos were lacking though). This was my favorite shot from the trek. Initially I felt like it has good contrast but I now think that it might need a bit more...??
761727639_hfKZK-L-1.jpg

Comments