Sales for a Slide Show Question

twincitiesphototwincitiesphoto Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
edited January 11, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I have a client intereated in buying about 50 images from my galleries for use as part of a slide show.

My thought is that I will set up the images in a gallery for them to download - but only allow them to buy the lowest resolution file as a digital download - the 1MB size for this purpose in order to allow me to charge them a lower price per image, since this will be a one time use thing - and by offering the lower image size ensuring that they aren't giving these images to whoever to obtain prints from.

Does anyone know if the 1MB size would be suffient rez for a slide show using some type of projection system - I would think so - but not sure.

Any comments thoughts are appreciated.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2010
    I have a client intereated in buying about 50 images from my galleries for use as part of a slide show.

My thought is that I will set up the images in a gallery for them to download - but only allow them to buy the lowest resolution file as a digital download - the 1MB size for this purpose in order to allow me to charge them a lower price per image, since this will be a one time use thing - and by offering the lower image size ensuring that they aren't giving these images to whoever to obtain prints from.

Does anyone know if the 1MB size would be suffient rez for a slide show using some type of projection system - I would think so - but not sure.

Any comments thoughts are appreciated.
    Megabytes are not megapixels.

1 Megapixel will be a just under what I'd say is really good for projection.
  • twincitiesphototwincitiesphoto Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2010
    Good catch Andy - thanks - I think I meant to say megapixels not MB - haha -

Given the event - a banquet - I don't feel I can charge my portfolio price - for the 49 images - they don't have that kind of budget!