What, lady?...no, I don't hear screams

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited January 15, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
762670644_E6TcN-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2010
    clap.gif ........ Well done Tom.....Was that taken in the mountains?????
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2010
    Hi Azzaro,

Thanks for looking in. This shot was taken in a mysterious, rather spooky section along the waterfront in Savannah, GA. The scene appeared to me like it could have come straight from the cut-and-hack-them-to-pieces movie " Hostel ". It was a place like this that people were drug into and never seen in one piece again. I made a mistake and let someone talk me into going to that movie....I had nightmares for a week.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • RoadkillRoadkill Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2010
    I like it... I would love to find a place like that..

Nice comp
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2010
    Howdy Tom,

Yikes, that does look spooky!!!

Charleston is on our List, looks like a neat place.

Any paranormal activity??? :D:D:D
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2010
    Neat looking place and I agree -- spooky too eek7.gif

Did you go inside?
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2010
    Nice capture, but you know you'd like to have a Lamborghini Gallardo's nose poking out of that opening.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited January 12, 2010
    Hey Tom,

That's a very creepy stain. Nicely seen. I wonder if it would work better with a bit of desaturation and/or a little bit darker. I know you are fond of rich color--and the color is nice here--but it works against creepiness. Maybe you wanted that opposition, dunno. Anyway, it's just a thought, and the pic is cool as it stands. thumb.gif
    edited January 12, 2010
    Roadkill...

Savannah is full of photo opps like this one. You'd be in hog heaven there....as I am.

Tom
    edited January 12, 2010
    Yo Craig,

Charleston is a very neat place, but Savannah is a lot closer to me and I spend much more time there. As to paranormal activity, Savannah is the " headquarters " for the practice of voodoo in the U.S. While not so visible to the casual visitor, the influence of voodoo in the area is quite pronounced. Voodoo may not be considered to be paranormal activity, but it does account for some strange goings-on.

Take care,

Tom
    edited January 12, 2010
    Hey Mary Kim,

I was going to go in, but, when the first machete came flying out of the window, I decided to flee.:D :D:D

Take care,

Tom
    edited January 12, 2010
    Hi Tony,

Now that's a neat idea....what a perfect setting to have an exotic Italian job poking its head out. I'm going to work on that possibility.

Take care,

Tom
    edited January 12, 2010
    Hey Richard,

It's funny you mention this. A very large print of this picture now hangs in my office. I personally preferred a slightly darker version....no change in saturation....but I figured most folks would like the lighter version. The picture I had printed up is the darker one....included here.

As usual, I really appreciate your looking at my posts and your accompanying comments.

Tom

763213573_SV7og-XL.jpg
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2010
    Beautiful shot Tom,

And I also prefer the darker version. Love the blue tones and those 5 red bricks within all the other faded ones in the wall.

Any shots of the waterfront?
    Randy
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2010
    Yo Craig,

Charleston is a very neat place, but Savannah is a lot closer to me and I spend much more time there. As to paranormal activity, Savannah is the " headquarters " for the practice of voodoo in the U.S. While not so visible to the casual visitor, the influence of voodoo in the area is quite pronounced. Voodoo may not be considered to be paranormal activity, but it does account for some strange goings-on.

Take care,

Tom

Howdy Tom,

Opps, I don't know why my mind went immediately to Charleston, I now see you'd written Savannah.

I'll bet all of those towns have plenty of "activities" just too much history and things that can't be explained<G>.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2010
    Very nice, Tom!
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2010
    Hi Azzaro,

Thanks for looking in. This shot was taken in a mysterious, rather spooky section along the waterfront in Savannah, GA. The scene appeared to me like it could have come straight from the cut-and-hack-them-to-pieces movie " Hostel ". It was a place like this that people were drug into and never seen in one piece again. I made a mistake and let someone talk me into going to that movie....I had nightmares for a week.

Take care,

Tom

Howdy Tom

My son used to drag me to all sorts of horror movies when he was a youngster. He's 40 now and we still watch the slash and hack movies (on DVD now) whenever I visit him. Hostel has to be one of the all time goryest movies we've seen! (Even worst than the Saw series eek7.gif

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
    edited January 15, 2010
    Hey Randy,

Thanks for looking in. I've got several of the waterfront I'll post up soon.

Take care,

Tom
    edited January 15, 2010
    Hi Lee,

Thanks for the comment. You know, the nose of a nice old Bugatti sticking out from the entry here would look pretty good.....wouldn't it? Tony had a great idea and I intend to shoot this scene again utilizing an appropriate car in the shot.

Take care,

Tom
    edited January 15, 2010
    Hi Jack,

The same person....a seriously demented business partner....that talked me into going to see " Hostel " also gave me two of the " Saw " series on DVD. I won't open them.

Take care,

Tom