Options

The race for the tape...

SirGeorgeSirGeorge Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
edited January 12, 2010 in Sports
I thought I'd share this with you from my latest blog entry.

It is a sequence of shots of Shalane Flanagan breaking the indoor 5K record (2/8/10) - I was on the other side of the track and had little interest in the finish line ( for my shoot purposes ) but I stayed with the finish and collected this group of shots - while technically not brilliant, they capture the race for the line - Flanagan broke the record but got beaten into second place by .005 seconds,

Untitled-1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2010
    I would find the sequence easier to follow it is was all on one row. This would give you more of a banner though.

I also find that the two shots in the bottom-right are is where I'm drawn and not to the finish itself.

Looks like a very exciting finish and I love looking at the expressions in the crowd - especially the guy chimping his camera and not watching the finish!
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook
  • Options
    SirGeorgeSirGeorge Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2010
    Aspect ratio
    Mike,

Thanks - can't disagree with anything you said - I was worried about the aspect ratio as my blog - which this was created for, only allows am image width of 500px and it would not have worked at all all on one level but thanks again for the response.

George.
    Mike J wrote:
    I would find the sequence easier to follow it is was all on one row. This would give you more of a banner though.

I also find that the two shots in the bottom-right are is where I'm drawn and not to the finish itself.

Looks like a very exciting finish and I love looking at the expressions in the crowd - especially the guy chimping his camera and not watching the finish!