Kitchen Creative Shots

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited January 14, 2010 in Holy Macro
Here are some more shots taken in the kitchen. Forgive me for showing another fork shot.
Regards
Bob
763454652_2NYKc-L.jpg
763454679_VyeHJ-L.jpg
763454613_48QtP-L.jpg
763454594_gkwKF-L.jpg
763454631_coqJa-L.jpg

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2010
    Lovely series Bob - lots of interesting subjects in the kitchen :)
    Brian V.
  • the supervillainthe supervillain Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2010
    Lovely series Bob - lots of interesting subjects in the kitchen :)
    Brian V.

agree! great shots,
    I too, have spent many a hours in the kitchen with my macro lens, poking around for cool stuff :)
    --Craig...
    shoots things with a D80, an F1, and a Diana F+

My Gallery
    Sign the guestbook :)!!
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2010
    agree! great shots,
    I too, have spent many a hours in the kitchen with my macro lens, poking around for cool stuff :)

Thanks Brian and Craig for looking and replying.
    Regards
    Bob
  • DeVermDeVerm Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2010
    Bob,

I like kitchen shots! Let me reply with my first one using my new 7D with 100mm macro; it's shot at f14 with 15s exposure time and ISO 800 in an almost dark kitchen ;-) It's clickable to SM where it's in full resolution. Now, guess what it is ;-)

763246133_DJp3T-M.jpg

ciao!
    Nick.
    ciao!
    Nick.

my equipment: Canon 5D2, 7D, full list here
    my Smugmug site: here
    edited January 13, 2010
    DeVerm wrote:
    Bob,

I like kitchen shots! Let me reply with my first one using my new 7D with 100mm macro; it's shot at f14 with 15s exposure time and ISO 800 in an almost dark kitchen ;-) It's clickable to SM where it's in full resolution. Now, guess what it is ;-)

763246133_DJp3T-M.jpg

ciao!
    Nick.

Hi Nick,
    How are you enjoying the 7D. I am hoping to get mine soon. I have given your pic a lot of thought and I was wondering if they were Pistachio nuts? Although the colour is confusing me. I think I need help. I am sure someone will make a positive identification.
    Regards
    Bob
  • meandirenemeandirene Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited January 14, 2010
    Nice, looks like Anise to me.
    DeVerm wrote:
    Bob,

763246133_DJp3T-M.jpg

ciao!
    Nick.
    edited January 14, 2010
    meandirene wrote:
    Nice, looks like Anise to me.

Indeed, the center thinghy is a star anise. What you see is one of those base-ball sized balls made out of all kinds of dried spices stuck on a foam core used for decoration and smell. As it's all dried stuff, it shrinks and turns this color. It's much smaller than Bob thought ;-)

Just left and a bit low of the anise you see the thingy that looks like a twig... look at the right end of it... it's a clove (1/2" long in real life). Last thing I recognize is sticking up from the bottom and that's a piece of cinnamon.

I used the EF 100mm f2.8L Macro IS USM lens for the first time for this shot. It is my favorite lens already. I also used it for some opportunity family portrait shots with great results. I recently made a very nice shot of one of our cats with my standard zoom lens and I can't get the thought out of my head of how it would have been with the macro lens on the camera...

ciao!
    Nick.
    ciao!
    Nick.

edited January 14, 2010
    canon400d wrote:
    Hi Nick,
    How are you enjoying the 7D. I am hoping to get mine soon.
    [...]
    Bob

Hi Bob,

I like the 7D but I'm still on the road of discovery ;-) I'm finding out even the simplest settings every day. I just started reading that 7D book by Charlotte Lowrie and that's what is gonna save me. The camera has an all new metering and AF system and knowing other Canons doesn't help much. I think 90% of the complaints about the 7D AF that I read about are because the AF isn't understood. I spent hours with the camera on a table tripod in front of me and books all around and think I'm about ready to go out and try some options with moving subjects. We're in the jungle here in Panama so no lack of subjects... I'll take Charlotte's book on my Kindle for iPhone/iPod-touch with me because I'll need it!

But I really like the camera. I'm the type that needs more camera than I can handle because that will trigger me to improve myself.

ciao!
    Nick.
    ciao!
    Nick.

edited January 14, 2010
    DeVerm wrote:
    Hi Bob,

I like the 7D but I'm still on the road of discovery ;-) I'm finding out even the simplest settings every day. I just started reading that 7D book by Charlotte Lowrie and that's what is gonna save me. The camera has an all new metering and AF system and knowing other Canons doesn't help much. I think 90% of the complaints about the 7D AF that I read about are because the AF isn't understood. I spent hours with the camera on a table tripod in front of me and books all around and think I'm about ready to go out and try some options with moving subjects. We're in the jungle here in Panama so no lack of subjects... I'll take Charlotte's book on my Kindle for iPhone/iPod-touch with me because I'll need it!

But I really like the camera. I'm the type that needs more camera than I can handle because that will trigger me to improve myself.

ciao!
    Nick.

Hi Nick,
    I am sure you will achieve your aim with the 7D and I wish you every success. I have the 400D and the 40D but I only use the 40D. Is the AF on the 7D totally different to the 40D?
    Regards
    Bob
    edited January 14, 2010
    I've never even held a 40D so I can't tell you from experience but according to what I read it's a new generation of AF and metering. The two are completely integrated and it even got a new name: Intelligent Focus Color Luminosity metering (IFCL). I even think it's the first camera that does the metering in color instead of monochrome.

cheers,
    Nick.
    ciao!
    Nick.

edited January 15, 2010
    DeVerm wrote:
    I've never even held a 40D so I can't tell you from experience but according to what I read it's a new generation of AF and metering. The two are completely integrated and it even got a new name: Intelligent Focus Color Luminosity metering (IFCL). I even think it's the first camera that does the metering in color instead of monochrome.

cheers,
    Nick.

Thanks for replying Nick. I must admit I am a wee bit confused so I will look into this further. Thanks for pointing it out to me.
    Regards
    Bob