tasty challenge

photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
edited July 28, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hmmm, I could have put in those rascals, except they are older then monday. I snapped those cakes in january of this year in York...
Comments welcome of course

29975438-L.jpg

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2005
    photocat wrote:
    Hmmm, I could have put in those rascals, except they are older then monday. I snapped those cakes in january of this year in York...
    God Cat you're killin me :food binge.gif I'm starving.... and I'm on diet.. as always...mwink.gif
  • HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2005
    MMMM...They look tasty, but how to they taste. Maybe we all can get a sample just to squelch our taste buds:D. I like the warm colors, it looks more inviting and casual. Hmmm, something to keep in mind (talking to oneself). Your cake in the challenge looks yummy also. It looks like the frosting is flowing over the edges. I feel my arteries already hardening just looking at itclap.gif.

Yummmm,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2005
    MMMM...They look tasty, but how to they taste. Maybe we all can get a sample just to squelch our taste buds:D. I like the warm colors, it looks more inviting and casual. Hmmm, something to keep in mind (talking to oneself). Your cake in the challenge looks yummy also. It looks like the frosting is flowing over the edges. I feel my arteries already hardening just looking at itclap.gif.

Yummmm,
    Chris

They look attractive but I don't like the taste. It tastes like dried fruit and it is a rather hard cake... The choc cake in the challenge though was wonderful.
    Whatever you eat at Betty's (North Yorkshire) is not for health freaks, but gosh, it tastes so yummy at times...

Thanks for the comments. It is very much appreciated
  • HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2005
    Perceptions are so important,
    photocat wrote:
    They look attractive but I don't like the taste. It tastes like dried fruit and it is a rather hard cake... The choc cake in the challenge though was wonderful.
    Whatever you eat at Betty's (North Yorkshire) is not for health freaks, but gosh, it tastes so yummy at times...

Thanks for the comments. It is very much appreciated
    After your comment above, these cookies no longer look as tasty. Glad you did say what you said about your cake though. Is it time for a mid afternoon snack yet....Yep, time to munch.

Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• MainFraggerMainFragger Registered Users Posts: 563 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2005
    photocat wrote:

29975438-L.jpg
    from the picture, the cookies look like they are hard..which I don't like for chocolate chip cookies..I prefer them soft and gooey. The picture is a little soft. It looks like it has raison in it..and picky eater that I am, I don't like raisons..too chewy and yet runny for me.

And the wood bowl presentation almost makes me think that these have sitting around since Arthur lost his sword in the lake. Also, are those chocolate chips, or cocoa beans or coffee beans..because they don't look like the chocolate chips I'm use to seeing.

MainFragger
  • photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2005
    from the picture, the cookies look like they are hard..which I don't like for chocolate chip cookies..I prefer them soft and gooey. The picture is a little soft. It looks like it has raison in it..and picky eater that I am, I don't like raisons..too chewy and yet runny for me.

And the wood bowl presentation almost makes me think that these have sitting around since Arthur lost his sword in the lake. Also, are those chocolate chips, or cocoa beans or coffee beans..because they don't look like the chocolate chips I'm use to seeing.

MainFragger

They are not chocoloate chip cookies MainFr, they are fat rascals.
    The colored beans are cherries, dried like only the english can, with some light alcohol tast, it also has almonds in it.
    I have no idea wether they are hard or soft. I bet they have been standing there since ice age, grin, they are not the ones they sell to eat. These are display ones. I can assure you that the chocolate chip cookies that Betty's make would make your tongue melt...
    rolleyes1.gif