newbee-how to get started with smugmug?

Mr_WiggMr_Wigg Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
edited January 13, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Not new to photography but I am new to smugmug. I just need some guideance on where to start. my current online photo provider is not satisfying my needs.

1. I want to be able to offer my photos for view and for sale online.
2. I want to be able to get enlargements quickly. I currently am waiting up to two weeks on Shutterfly.
3. I want my photos to be printed exactly as I have cropped them. In the past Shutterfly and CVS pharmacy have cut my 1/3 of my subjects heads off with their unexpected crop jobs.

Thanks for your help, I love talk forum communities. They are so powerful.

What do I do first? Get a PRO account? It's ok, I have plenty of money.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2010
    Mr_Wigg wrote:
    Not new to photography but I am new to smugmug. I just need some guideance on where to start. my current online photo provider is not satisfying my needs.

1. I want to be able to offer my photos for view and for sale online.
    2. I want to be able to get enlargements quickly. I currently am waiting up to two weeks on Shutterfly.
    3. I want my photos to be printed exactly as I have cropped them. In the past Shutterfly and CVS pharmacy have cut my 1/3 of my subjects heads off with their unexpected crop jobs.

Thanks for your help, I love talk forum communities. They are so powerful.

What do I do first? Get a PRO account? It's ok, I have plenty of money.
    Welcome! SmugMug Pro is for you, http://smugmug.com/pro
    Choose Bay Photo as your Lab and you'll have prints shipped same or next day from order, most typically. Use our proof delay and you can have final approval over the crops.

Fire away with more questions, we'll be here!
  • Mr_WiggMr_Wigg Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited January 13, 2010
    Andy wrote:
    Welcome! SmugMug Pro is for you, http://smugmug.com/pro
    Choose Bay Photo as your Lab and you'll have prints shipped same or next day from order, most typically. Use our proof delay and you can have final approval over the crops.

Fire away with more questions, we'll be here!

Thanks Andy!

I was wondering...I would like to receive email notifications when someone responds to my posts....Is that possible here?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2010
    Mr_Wigg wrote:
    Thanks Andy!

I was wondering...I would like to receive email notifications when someone responds to my posts....Is that possible here?
    Upper left corner, "You!" on Dgrin.