Thanks for looking...
I steal the soul of inanimate things.

Federico
Website / Flickr

Comments

• Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2010
    Hi Federico

I really love the old buildings you have been posting lately. What a wonderful photographic environment to have access to.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2010
    Good job on these thumb.gif I'm really partial to the first one.
    Randy
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2010
    I'd love to come across a building like that. I had to google earth this place to see how far it was from me ... it's a drive :cry

Any photos from inside the building :D
  • invisibleinvisible Registered Users Posts: 440 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2010
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Hi Federico

I really love the old buildings you have been posting lately. What a wonderful photographic environment to have access to.
    Hi Jack – thank you, I've been doing a lot of abandoned-building hunting these past few months, and some of the buildings I run into are really cool. Good variety of abandoned places here in Manitoba, but Saskatchewan is a real treasure for rural explorers!

Federico
    Website / Flickr
    edited January 15, 2010
    rwells wrote:
    Good job on these thumb.gif I'm really partial to the first one.
    Thank you, Randy, I like the first one myself as well.

Federico
    Website / Flickr
    edited January 15, 2010
    Dogdots wrote:
    I'd love to come across a building like that. I had to google earth this place to see how far it was from me ... it's a drive :cry

Any photos from inside the building :D
    Not many, because the place was a crazy mess and I struggle photographing messy scenes. So I tried to isolate objects, like here:

p375692493-4.jpg

Or here:

p521542649-4.jpg
    (yes, the shoes were still on the shelves, as if the owner had fled the place leaving everything behind!)

But I am really not happy with these and the other interior shots... :(

Federico
    Website / Flickr
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2010
    Wow...I really like the shoe's photo.

I like the other one too....we had an old chair like that one rolleyes1.gif Our's was covered in a green vinyl when we inherited it...yes I did recover it :D Worked perfect for me since I'm short.

I find it interesting that the stove and chair was sitting by the door. Kind of like they were going to take them with, but didn't.

You mention that you tried to isolate objects -- have you ever take a photo of the whole room?

I have to get up there and start driving around. Just need to get my passport. It's only a 8/10 hour drive for me to Saskatchewan -- depending on where I can enter rolleyes1.gif Does Manitoba have a lot of abandoned buildings too? I'm much closer to there.

Thanks for posting some interior shots thumb.gif
  • Brett1000Brett1000 Registered Users Posts: 819 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2010
    interesting pics, where I live old buildings are torn down for shopping centers!
    edited January 16, 2010
    Dogdots wrote:
    Wow...I really like the shoe's photo.
    Thank you :)
    Dogdots wrote:
    I like the other one too....we had an old chair like that one rolleyes1.gif Our's was covered in a green vinyl when we inherited it...yes I did recover it :D Worked perfect for me since I'm short.
    Laughing.gif!
    Dogdots wrote:
    I find it interesting that the stove and chair was sitting by the door. Kind of like they were going to take them with, but didn't.
    It was a strange scene, yes, and you may very well be right.
    Dogdots wrote:
    You mention that you tried to isolate objects -- have you ever take a photo of the whole room?
    Not in this case. If the scene is clean enough, I pull out my wide angle lens and shoot whole rooms. But when it's a mess, I just focus on objects.
    Dogdots wrote:
    I have to get up there and start driving around. Just need to get my passport. It's only a 8/10 hour drive for me to Saskatchewan -- depending on where I can enter rolleyes1.gif Does Manitoba have a lot of abandoned buildings too? I'm much closer to there.
    This place is 8 hours from here as well. I think I mentioned this earlier somewhere, but Saskatchewan is a paradise if you are into rural exploration. The 8/10 hour drive will be worth it (as long as you spend a few days in the area, that is).
    Dogdots wrote:
    Thanks for posting some interior shots thumb.gif
    My pleasure :)

Federico
    Website / Flickr
    edited January 16, 2010
    Brett1000 wrote:
    interesting pics, where I live old buildings are torn down for shopping centers!
    If you really want to shoot abandoned architecture but there's nothing available downtown, head out of the city and I can almost guarantee that you'll find photo opportunities. Unless you live in Monaco, that is :)

Federico
    Website / Flickr
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2010
    What an interesting series.
    Really like #1 and the shoe shot--
    Where were you last week for the "shoes" challenge!? You would have surely placed.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited January 17, 2010
    What an interesting series.
    Really like #1 and the shoe shot--
    Where were you last week for the "shoes" challenge!? You would have surely placed.
    Thank you, Liz! I rarely ever leave this "Other Cool Shots" sub-forum, so I didn't even know there were challenges and such. That being said, I don't think much of the shoe image myself, so chances are I wouldn't even have thought about submitting it :)

Federico
    Website / Flickr