Options

At Lake Eola

TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
edited January 14, 2010 in Street and Documentary
A difficult lighting problem since it was afternoon he was sitting on the east side of Lake Eola with the sun to his front.

764350420_8ANNv-XL.jpg
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/

Comments

• Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2010
    Looks like you did fine processing this with the difficult conditions.

I do like this shot. I look at him and wonder. Wonder what? I am not sure, but there are stories galore that he could tell. And he is giving you the eye, which in this case makes the picture more powerful. Is he going to wave you away or smile and welcome you? I wonder...

(I also wonder how it would look in color rolleyes1.gif ... never mind...rolleyes1.gif )
  • Options
    TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2010
    rainbow wrote:
    Looks like you did fine processing this with the difficult conditions.

I do like this shot. I look at him and wonder. Wonder what? I am not sure, but there are stories galore that he could tell. And he is giving you the eye, which in this case makes the picture more powerful. Is he going to wave you away or smile and welcome you? I wonder...

(I also wonder how it would look in color rolleyes1.gif ... never mind...rolleyes1.gif )

I shoot RAW and process all shots in color, save that file, and then process the same shot in black and white if I think it lends itself to black and white. I'll chose what I think is the best version to post.

This one doesn't offer much in color. He has on dark blue pants and a dark blue coat. The one spot of color is a brighter blue scarf, but not much of it is visible.

Thanks for the comments.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2010
    Very nice shot - Ditto rainbow :)
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2010
    TonyCooper wrote:
    A difficult lighting problem since it was afternoon he was sitting on the east side of Lake Eola with the sun to his front.

Nice candid portrait, Tony, and nice job dealing with the very difficult lighting.rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif Were it mine, I'd continue to fiddle with it a bit to highten the contrast between the subject's face and head and the background - if at all possible.clap.gifclap.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed