Options

DSS #42 C&C Please

RacinRandyRacinRandy Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
edited January 14, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
A few shots from today. Just the converted versions here.

1) Ancient Escape
764407645_CyMXo-M.jpg

2) Stairway to the Sky
764407744_66GPT-M.jpg

3) Afternoon Break
764407773_qnt4s-M.jpg

Let me know what you all think. Trying to be an active Participant and Improve my craft at the same time. Thanks :thumb
Randy

EOS Rebel XS Digital/ EOS 7D/ EOS 6D
50mm f1.8/ Tamron 70-200 f2.8 is/ 24-105 f4L
Canon speedlights and Alien Bees

Comments

• Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2010
    The first 2 seem to me to be more cityscape/architectural than street/PJ.

The last is definitely street/PJ. What struck you about this situation that made you decide to take the picture? I'd like to see the feet of the lady with her back turned.

One other suggestion is to post your entries in the Street and PJ forum for comment. There are folks there that have a lot of experience in the genre who can give you better feedback than I can.
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2010
    #3 is definitely heading in the right direction. I would play with a couple of cropping options, possibly square. The conversion looks pretty good too. Good work!
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2010
    michswiss wrote:
    #3 is definitely heading in the right direction. I would play with a couple of cropping options, possibly square. The conversion looks pretty good too. Good work!

I agree, you did great on getting close to the action too.clap.gif
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited January 14, 2010
    WhatSheSaw wrote:
    The last is definitely street/PJ. What struck you about this situation that made you decide to take the picture? I'd like to see the feet of the lady with her back turned.

These Ladies are a couple that I used to work with in the cafe they are standing outside of. The fact that yesterday afternoons temp was only 2 above played a role.
    WhatSheSaw wrote:
    One other suggestion is to post your entries in the Street and PJ forum for comment. There are folks there that have a lot of experience in the genre who can give you better feedback than I can.

Okay thanks. I figured since it was for the challenge it should be here but that is a great Idea!!deal.gif
    Randy

• Options
    edited January 14, 2010
    I agree, you did great on getting close to the action too.clap.gif

Thanks Michswiss!!

Liz, Thanks!!! It was shot with the 18-55 kit lens set at 18mm, I was Literally 5 feet from the lady leaning on the wall. I wish i hadn't chopped of the other ones feet but i was also shooting from the hip(Literally). Anytime I raised the camera above my waist they would stop and pose(dang them)
    Randy