Comments

• OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2005
    Hello,

Shot this concert with my F-828 and F-32x flash on a bracket:

http://nickphoto123.smugmug.com/gallery/681683

Regards, Nicholas
    Hi Nicholas,

I've noticed this from other forums and your posts-- your pictures have a lot of grain to them, almost like they're oversharpened or you're shooting at a high ISO (and with the 828 we know that isn't very high!). I think your photos could benefit from a noise reducing software and *then* some post processing, as opposed to sharpening the grain. It may also be because of your in-camera processing. Just my observations..

Owen
  • nickphoto123nickphoto123 Registered Users Posts: 302 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2005
    Concert pics F-828
    Owen wrote:
    Hi Nicholas,

I've noticed this from other forums and your posts-- your pictures have a lot of grain to them, almost like they're oversharpened or you're shooting at a high ISO (and with the 828 we know that isn't very high!). I think your photos could benefit from a noise reducing software and *then* some post processing, as opposed to sharpening the grain. It may also be because of your in-camera processing. Just my observations..

Owen
    Hello Owen,

Thank you for your observations.

My images were taken at a distance and most are severe crops of the original.
    The idea was to capture the moment and not photographic excellence.

I am on dial-up and cold not post larger images. Their small size cannot present their actual appearance (which may still be grainy as you observe).

I have just read about Fuji's new 9MP (ala F-10 Sensor, etc.) and even now have decided to purchase it before seeing the Samsung Pro815 or Sony's F-828 replacement. ( The new Panasonic is not wide enough for my purposes).

I run these images through my head wondering about the image quality and limited post processing required, as I down load them from an imaginary new Fuji 9MP Zoom.

Regards, Nicholas