I love her just the same

00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
edited January 18, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
New addition to the garage... I think my motorcycle is getting a tad jealous :lol3 ( you can see her staring in the reflection)

I was tinkering around in post on this.. like / dislike ??

764899567_jNnhv-L.jpg
Devin

Comments

• WillCADWillCAD Registered Users Posts: 722 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2010
    I love the textures, the shininess of the wheel and body, and the lighting. But I'm not sure about the perspective; it's tough to tell what kind of car it is. And the wheel dominates, without obviously being the actual subject. Did you shoot it from any other perspectives? I'd like to see the whole series, if there are any.
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"
  • 00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2010
    WillCAD wrote:
    I love the textures, the shininess of the wheel and body, and the lighting. But I'm not sure about the perspective; it's tough to tell what kind of car it is. And the wheel dominates, without obviously being the actual subject. Did you shoot it from any other perspectives? I'd like to see the whole series, if there are any.

well, i was just snapping a couple in the garage after waxing her, and it was drizzling outside so with my 17-50 tammy that is as wide as i could go. This one i was really stretching the post.. but still thought it was ok.

764899670_6vwpp-L.jpg

I have only had her a week now so I haven't had a "proper" shoot yet (but will soon). Here is one I took the other day when i brought her home (bw conversion).
    764964326_7cSFF-L.jpg
    Devin
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2010
    I like the first shot's processing.

BTW, your a sick puppy to have a garage that clean rolleyes1.gif

Oh, and congrats on your new ride thumb.gif
    Randy
    edited January 14, 2010
    rwells wrote:
    I like the first shot's processing.

BTW, your a sick puppy to have a garage that clean rolleyes1.gif

Oh, and congrats on your new ride thumb.gif

Thanks Randy - as for the garage, it's the only part of the house i have left, the 5 women have taken over the rest rolleyes1.gif
    Devin
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited January 15, 2010
    WillCAD wrote:
    But I'm not sure about the perspective; it's tough to tell what kind of car it is.

I liked the shot for exactly that reason, but then, I'm not a car fanatic. The perspective was unusual. It showed how attractive the car is without seeming like an ad. Might be harder to sell that way, though. lol3.gif Anyway, cool shot. thumb.gif
    edited January 15, 2010
    Richard wrote:
    I liked the shot for exactly that reason, but then, I'm not a car fanatic. The perspective was unusual. It showed how attractive the car is without seeming like an ad. Might be harder to sell that way, though. lol3.gif Anyway, cool shot. thumb.gif

Thanks Richard
    Devin
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2010
    00SS wrote:
    Thanks Randy - as for the garage, it's the only part of the house i have left, the 5 women have taken over the rest rolleyes1.gif

I like the shot...... A sports car..motorcycle and 5 women...You must have a really good job..... :D azzaro
    edited January 15, 2010
    Azzaro wrote:
    I like the shot...... A sports car..motorcycle and 5 women...You must have a really good job..... :D azzaro

lol3.gif Thanks Azzaro - i've come to realize that with a stay at home wife and 4 daughters.. i better get my toys now as college is only a few years away for my oldest and the other 3 will be right on her tail. Thanks for the laugh and commenting azzaro.. have a great day.
    Devin
  • CyberSteakCyberSteak Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2010
    Meh. Big deal. I have a 2000 Toyota Sienna and 1999 Dodge Caravan. Top that!
    http://www.betterphoto.com/Premium/Default.aspx?id=329340&mp=V1

Canon 40D, 28-135mm, 50mm f/1.8, 10-22mm, 70-300, 580 EXII, ST-E2, 500D Diopter
    edited January 15, 2010
    CyberSteak wrote:
    Meh. Big deal. I have a 2000 Toyota Sienna and 1999 Dodge Caravan. Top that!

well, i did drive a 75' plymouth valiant (painted olive drab) for quite a while.. rolleyes1.gif
    Devin
  • CyberSteakCyberSteak Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2010
    00SS wrote:
    well, i did drive a 75' plymouth valiant (painted olive drab) for quite a while.. rolleyes1.gif

Ok...you win.
    http://www.betterphoto.com/Premium/Default.aspx?id=329340&mp=V1

Canon 40D, 28-135mm, 50mm f/1.8, 10-22mm, 70-300, 580 EXII, ST-E2, 500D Diopter
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2010
    Nice looking car :D

I like the 1st shot posted -- The perspective is different which makes it appealing in my eyes.

Send my hubby some tips on how to keep a garage that nice -- please :D
    edited January 18, 2010
    Dogdots wrote:
    Nice looking car :D

I like the 1st shot posted -- The perspective is different which makes it appealing in my eyes.

Send my hubby some tips on how to keep a garage that nice -- please :D

Hi Mary Kim, thanks for commenting. I always try to get angles I don't see normally.. I was really going for something a bit different than my 'normal' post work.. I don't think that would fly with most shots but i liked how it looked on the first one. As far as the garage, I spend a lot of time in there so i try to keep it tidy .. rolleyes1.gif
    Devin