a different style

raingirlraingirl Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
edited January 17, 2010 in People
hi! me yet again! the critiques on my last post urged me to try something new. a little less posy more natural. is it any better? taken with my new Sony Cyber-Shot. Using a tripod, an adjustable lamp, and microsoft photo editor. opinions?
765027758_2QcYF-S.jpg
765027800_TfD7J-S.jpg
765027691_jBdSW-S.jpg
765027658_JjRbC-S.jpg

and, last but not least, what my dad calls "the teengae shot" :rolleyes
765027722_t56ao-S.jpg
I now have control of your mind

Comments

• CyberSteakCyberSteak Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2010
    Here's what I personally think...

<---not a pro, take with a grain of salt.

1. Don't like that your hair's in your eyes and it still seems kinda pose-y.

2. Don't like the angle of the shot. Try and get lower and avoid shooting downwards.

3. I like.

4. Hair in eyes.

5. Is cute. I like that one. Looks like you just got in trouble and are looking to charm your way out of it. I can understand your dad's comments.

I'll step aside now and let someone more experienced critique these.
    http://www.betterphoto.com/Premium/Default.aspx?id=329340&mp=V1

Canon 40D, 28-135mm, 50mm f/1.8, 10-22mm, 70-300, 580 EXII, ST-E2, 500D Diopter
  • kreskres Registered Users Posts: 268 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2010
    #4 & #5 work for me.

Want a real challenge? Take the poses in this set, and try to get a few other "models" to mimick them... but don't let them see them first. Just try to describe them "on location." mwink.gif
    --Kres
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2010
    kres wrote:
    Want a real challenge? Take the poses in this set, and try to get a few other "models" to mimick them... but don't let them see them first. Just try to describe them "on location." mwink.gif

Great idea and good exercise. I for one struggle with posing still so this is a very good suggestion.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • raingirlraingirl Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited January 15, 2010
    i agree with the critique. i'm definitely still learning to pose, so I'll try that challenge! now all i need to do is get one of my friends to model for me....
    I now have control of your mind

• Mr. QuietMr. Quiet Registered Users Posts: 1,047 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2010
    raingirl wrote:
    i agree with the critique. i'm definitely still learning to pose, so I'll try that challenge! now all i need to do is get one of my friends to model for me....

With the look you have in the last one that shouldn't be to hard. :D

And I will also say the best one is number 5. The hair in eyes thing isn't that great. The angle in #2 does not work in this situation. I will agree with CyberSteak on the posed feeling also...
    If you work at something hard enough, you WILL achieve your goal. "Me"

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D
    Tamron SP AF90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1

Welcome to my NEW website!

Mr. Christoferson
  • MavMav Registered Users Posts: 174 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2010
    5 is my fave too - it shows the most character and seems the most complete as a picture thumb.gif