A Point and Shoot Image from Haiti

My3SonsMy3Sons Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
edited January 15, 2010 in People
I'm trying to make the best of a point and shoot pic that I took in Haiti a few years ago. Unfortunately it was taken before I really knew the effects of low resolution. Back then I was just trying to get as many pics on the card as possible, so I took it at a 72 res. I have taken this image and turned it more into a portrait, cloning out the people in the background. I've also sharpened the image and added a vintage effect. Is there anything else I can do to improve the resolution?

765070098_BZVcB-XL-1.jpg

Other images from my Haiti trips in 2007 can be seen here: http://naturalphotography.smugmug.com/People

Thanks for your input.
-Melissa DeGroot

Comments

• AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2010
    No sure what else you could do. To me it looks beautiful! a really nice photo & I think you did great with the post work iloveyou.gif

P.s. just visited your gallery, you got some really cute shots there! What were you doing there, if you don't mind me asking? Looks like you were involved in a special project?
  • My3SonsMy3Sons Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote:
    No sure what else you could do. To me it looks beautiful! a really nice photo & I think you did great with the post work iloveyou.gif

P.s. just visited your gallery, you got some really cute shots there! What were you doing there, if you don't mind me asking? Looks like you were involved in a special project?

I was there doing mission work with Mission of Hope, located on the edge of Port Au Prince. We visited orphanages and built a fence around a large food storage facility.