Panos from St. Petersburg

LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
edited January 15, 2010 in Landscapes
I'm way, way behind on processing my photos from my most recent excursion overseas last summer, but I did manage to pull together my panos from St. Petersburg in time for a Christmas present for my mother (who has been pestering me incessantly for photos from the trip—I think I've bought myself three more months' processing time now :wink).

The skies we saw while there were crazy amazing.

1 - The Hermitage
754160562_Zpsxk-L.jpg

2 - Academy of Fine Arts
753843875_xCmis-L.jpg

3 - Cathedral of Sts. Peter and Paul
753845120_mawUT-L.jpg

4 - Smolny Cathedral
754052060_mt9c7-L.jpg

5 - Central fountains at Peterhof
753860078_EcczD-L.jpg

6 - St. Isaac's Cathedral
753847838_FEmBK-L.jpg

Thanks for stopping by! :thumb

Comments

• ktskts Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2010
    Wow great shots! I've wanted to go there for ages. I really do love all of these shots, great work! clap.gif
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2010
    Kerry, these were totally worth waiting for! And you know, I don't think I've ever seen St Petersburg without snow lol3.gif
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2010
    You're right! Crazy Amazing Skies!

Cool compositions, great exposure, great everything!

what lens did you use on the last image? (what a grand image!)
    Aaron Nelson
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2010
    Hi Kerry,

Wonderful, wonderful!!! These shots really bring out a beautiful side of Russia and you have captured that beauty exceptionally well.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2010
    Thanks, kts and schmoo! Schmoo, it's so funny you mention the snow; our personal guide from St. Petersburg sent us a "happy holiday" e-mail that included images of the city under siege of snow. Breathtakingly beautiful and so different than when we were there.

Aaron, that last shot is 9 images taken with my 12-24 at 16mm, f/6.3, 1/200, ISO6400. Photoshop really struggled aligning the images because of all the arches, so I had way more manual work on that one than the others—and I still had to leave one arch out (far right). PS would have none of it :whew
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2010
    Thank you, Tom! St. Petersburg was gorgeous. But I admit by the end of my visit, I was "palaced out." Palaces everywhere!