homestead

squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
edited January 16, 2010 in Landscapes
an abandoned farmhouse alongside a back road in southern Utah... 30D, 24-135 @ 33mm, 1/500 @ f/9...

HomesteadBWsm.jpg
~ Rocky
"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Comments

• kris10jokris10jo Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2010
    What a beautiful image. I traveled through that area last fall and was amazed at the diversity in the landscape.
    Kristen
  • R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2010
    Hi, B&W really suits this shot - looks great.

Cheers, Richard.
  • Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2010
    I like this very much - the completely collapsed structure to the left and the hole where the chimney used to be - great details. Am jealous of the west in the profusion of abandoned stuff out there. Here in the east, we bulldoze and re-build, so not much stays abandoned for long.
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2010
    thanks, folks... yep, there are a lot of places like this scattered around the western part of the country. once you get out of the urban cesspools, the scenery is stunning, and there are loads of little spots like this. i was lucky for this shot... it was right along the road, so i didn't need to detour, and there was that fabulous sky... :D
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com