A few self portraits. CC welcomed

SLRdudeSLRdude Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
edited January 15, 2010 in People
The original idea was one self portrait a day for the entire year, but that got old really quick. :rofl
Maybe I'll move it to once a week, like I have seen some other dgrinners do. :thumb

Here are a few samples, and feel free to critique as much as you want. I'm ready to learn.

1. This one is kinda creepy. Cranked out the unsharp mask to get that cement look. One of my friends called this "The Pore Man"

759253552_xZZbq-L.jpg

I think a sword would have been much cooler but as it turns out, there is a shortage of those in my house. So a flash on a pole, triggered by the master on the camera had to do.

759859530_jk2YF-L.jpg

Yes, I do have a razor. I just never use the damn thing. :wink

762197013_GLasn-L.jpg

This one is obviously two pics that were merged. It would have looked better if I had something more sensible than a giant marker laying around the house.

762197039_GWHuc-L.jpg

Let's just call this one "A Prayer". It fits.

764296201_59cd3-XL.jpg

Just a head shot. Not much to say about this one.

765023273_i7Af2-L.jpg

7. Easily the worst one of all, For All Bugkind. Hope I am not enraging the fellow dgrinners in the macro forum! Some bugs just need to be squished!

765023375_289ag-L.jpg
Chip

ad astra per aspera

Comments

• CyberSteakCyberSteak Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2010
    REALLY creative. I like this one most...
    SLRdude wrote:
    762197039_GWHuc-L.jpg
    http://www.betterphoto.com/Premium/Default.aspx?id=329340&mp=V1

Canon 40D, 28-135mm, 50mm f/1.8, 10-22mm, 70-300, 580 EXII, ST-E2, 500D Diopter
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2010
    #1 looks like you've just come up to the surface at the end of a hard shift at the coal face…

I like the idea of #4, especially if you'd used a fine nibbed pen, or a 0.5 drafting pencil, or a stick of charcoal, or even a large crayon (:D ) but somehow the large Sharpie draws too much attention…

#7 is a bit weird… headscratch.gif (still trying to work out what's with your left leg, as it looks like an empty pant leg… BTW apologies if you're an amputee… eek7.gif )

Great ideas, esp #4 - reminds me a bit of M C Escher (you know, the picture of the hands…)

Thanks for sharing!

thumb.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • SLRdudeSLRdude Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2010
    Thanks guys.
    The drawing hands is actually what I thought when I did that one. It was something very rushed, and I just took two pics. one of me, one of the hands. I was trying to get the "pic of the day" finished before midnight. rolleyes1.gif

Not an amputee, but you are right. The pant leg does look weird. Heck.. the whole photo looks weird lol. Again... I do not think that I have the creativity to come up with 365 different pics, and it was just another "oh why not" kinda thing.
    Chip

ad astra per aspera
  • BoomerangNetwork.comBoomerangNetwork.com Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited January 15, 2010
    You have some pretty original perspectives for your portrait. Love the cement skin and the enlargement in the folder.
    Andrew Osterberg

Moving Beyond Photography

VirtualPhotographyStudio.com