Options

LR2 help: gradient tool + preset use

bike21bike21 Registered Users Posts: 836 Major grins
edited January 18, 2010 in Finishing School
Anyone know how to use the gradient tool with a preset in LR2? I want to be able to select the gradient tool and then apply a user preset to part of the picture [gradient]. Having a hard time figuring this one out and even the great Google is letting me down.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2010
    bike21 wrote:
    Anyone know how to use the gradient tool with a preset in LR2? I want to be able to select the gradient tool and then apply a user preset to part of the picture [gradient]. Having a hard time figuring this one out and even the great Google is letting me down.

Thanks!

Not sure if you can do a user preset and apply it to the gradient tool. But what you can do is set all of your sliders to whatever your preset gives you in the gradient tool. Then copy your settings and paste them to whatever other photos you want to apply the same effect too.

Not sure if that is what you were looking for. But that is my best guess.
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2010
    I'm not completely clear on what you're asking, but if you use the gradient tool on one photo and then click the + button at the top of the Preset list, you can make your own preset by selecting the "Graduated Filter" box (and anything else you want included in the preset). Give the preset a name and it will show up under User Presets.
    If that's not what you were after, I apologize for misunderstanding!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2010
    Hmmm...reading it again, I'm quite sure I didn't answer your question. It almost sounds like you're hoping to achieve what could be done with layers in Photoshop...take a preset and apply those settings to only a part of the photo? Going to look in my LR2 Scott Kelby workbook...
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography